Toronto-based Southpaw Technology has launched an expansive upgrade to the backend and frontend of its open source digital workflow platform, TACTIC. Key improvements include a drag-and-drop ingestion widget, MongoDB integration, Perforce integration, an internal messaging tool and more. Southpaw has also deployed its code on GitHub for programmers serious about collaborating on the technology’s open source code base. The latest version is available for download now.
The dynamic, open-source, web-based platform allows users to manage the development and delivery of digital assets throughout the content creation process. TACTIC streamlines workflow by applying business logic to disparate data and file system environments, and visualizing every aspec through web-based delivery. The combination of DAM, PAM, CMS and ECM technologies offers users a set of tools to create a range of customized workflow solutions. Here are some highlights of the new features:
– MongoDB integration allows TACTIC to treat any data source as a first-class data source; the initial implementation of thi abstraction is an integration into this leading noSQL database — others will follow soon.
– Perforce Integration – Coders using TACTIC alongside the Perforce software configuration management system can now check in files to a Perforce repository directly from the TACTIC interface. Naming conventions are automatically enforced to ensure proper organization.
– Ingestion Widget allows users to drag and drop any file from Windows Explorer or Mac Finder into TACTIC — particularly useful for companies new to the platform with thousands of files to ingest.
– Messaging allows users to communicate more easily with each other along the workflow pipeline. Messages can also be automated based on events, such as file status changes or check ins.
– Performance Enhancements include drag and drop file uploads, asynchronous loading of interface elements and folder-like browsing of assets, all designed to boost the performance of TACTIC and enhance the user experience.