NewTek has announced an upgrade for its award-winning 3D software tool, LightWave.
Version 10 of the application is shipping now, and offers interactive viewport rendering, real-time stereoscopic preview and the first complete linear color space workflow.
New features and benefits include:
- Viewport Preview Renderer: Render in real-time, with the ability to limit the render region, for maximum performance.
- New Anaglyph Stereoscopic Preview: Real-time interocular, “red-blue” anaglyphic separation delivers the ability to view changes as they happen.
- Virtual Studio Tools: Supports InterSense Virtual Camera Tracking System and 3Dconnexion 3D mouse, allowing interaction with models and scenes in real time.
- Linear Color Space Workflow: Supports custom Look Up Tables for more realistic lighting, and to maximize compositing flexibility.
- New Data Interchange Tools: Support for MDD, Autodesk Geometry Cache, FBX and COLLADA make it easy to move data from one application to another.
- Updated User Interface: Interactive channel sliders, added control for custom colors, and numerous workflow enhancements deliver a more dynamic user experience.
“Our goal with LightWave 10 is to deliver workflows that best serve the artist and support their creative discovery process, allowing them to interact with their 3D content like never before,” said Rob Powers, NewTek vice president of 3D development. “Technology should serve the artist, and not the other way around. This is how the Virtual Art Department (VAD) worked, which my team innovated on ‘Avatar.’ It helped transform filmmaking to serve the director.”
LightWave 10 is available as an upgrade from LightWave 9 for $495 for a limited time, while a full license costs $985 for a limited time.
NewTek is offering a free 30-day trial, available online at: http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/lwtrial.php