Autodesk has released update 3 for its Flame 2018 family of 3D visual effects and finishing software (including Flame, Flare, Flame Assist and Lustre). Flame 2018.3 allows creative professionals to explore new, more efficient ways of working in post, with feature enhancements that offer greater pipeline flexibility, speed and support for emerging formats and technology.
Flame 2018.3 includes:
– Action Selective: Apply FX color to an image surface or the whole action scene via the camera
– Motion Warp Tracking: Organically distort objects that are changing shape, angle and form with new 32-bit motion vector-based tracking technology
– 360° VR Viewing Mode: View LatLong images in a 360° VR viewing mode in the Flame player or any viewport during compositing and manipulate the field of view
– HDR Waveform Monitoring: Set viewport to show luminance waveform; red, green, blue (RGB) parade; color vectorscope or 3D cube; and monitor a range of HDR and wide color gamut (WCG) color spaces including Rec2100 PQ, Rec2020 and DCI P3
– Shotgun Software Loader: Load assets for a shot and build custom batches via Flame’s Python API, and browse a Shotgun project for a filtered view of individual shots
– User-Requested Improvements for Action, Batch, Timeline and Media Hub
“Flame continues to be the top editorial and VFX solution out there, and 2018.3 is one of the best releases yet. Vector-based tracking will be transformative and has the potential to save hours, even days of work,” says Out of House VFX (outofhousevfx.com) artist David Stern. “The new release also includes more advanced selective tools that increase options from lightbox effects and keys through lightbox; it’s amazing.”
“One of the great things about Flame is that Autodesk is continuously delivering features through extension releases like 2018.3 that introduce new problem-solving tools and ways of working, like the Python API integration, which is a huge step forward for Flame,” says freelance compositing artist Marcel Lemme (www.frame66.de/wp/impressum). “It brings another toolbox inside to an already great toolbox that I can use to build new solutions and automate processes, rather than do everything by hand, saving days of prep.”
Flame Family 2018.3 is available today at no additional cost to customers with a current Flame Family 2018 subscription. For details and pricing, visit the Autodesk website.