FX is kicking off summer in a big way with the return of hit series, the latest installments of signature franchises and the debut of four new series. In all, FX today announced the premiere dates for eight series that will premiere on FX, FXX or exclusively on FX on Hulu. Animation fans especially won’t want to miss the back-to-back episodes premiere of Archer Season 12 next month!
Archer – The 12th Season premieres with the first two of Its eight episodes on Wednesday, August 25, beginning at 10 p.m. ET/PT on FXX, and streaming the next day via FX on Hulu.
The animated half-hour comedy that follows Sterling Archer as he navigates the changing landscape of the spy world. This season, Archer and gang face a new threat: a spy conglomerate known as IIA (International Intelligence Agency). With a limited number of spy jobs up for grabs, can the Agency compete against the soulless vultures of IIA, or will our mom-and-pop spy agency be the next to get swallowed alive?
The series features the voices of H. Jon Benjamin as the (former) world’s greatest spy, “Sterling Archer;” Aisha Tyler as the spy with marital problems, “Lana Kane;” the late Jessica Walter as Archer’s mother and spymaster, “Malory Archer;” Judy Greer as the lovably crazy office assistant, “Cheryl/Carol Tunt;” Chris Parnell as the top office spy, “Cyril Figgis;” Amber Nash as the positively offensive go-getter, “Pam Poovey;” Adam Reed as the opportunist, “Ray Gillette;” and Lucky Yates as the unscrupulous scientist, “Algernop Krieger.”
Season 12 also features the voices of guest stars Pamela Adlon, Eric André, Bruce Campbell, Harvey Guillén, Kayvan Novak and Stephen Tobolowsky, to name a few.
Archer was created by Adam Reed and is executive produced by Reed, Matt Thompson and Casey Willis at Floyd County Productions. The series is produced by FX Productions.(www.fxnetworks.com/shows/archer)
The summer slate also includes new and returning live-action series:
- American Horror Stories, new limited series spin-off of American Horror Story. Thursday, July 15; FX on Hulu.
- Reservation Dogs, new comedy series from Sterlin Harjo and Taika Waititi about four Indegenous teens in rural Oklahoma who steal, rob and save up to move to California. Monday, August 9; FX on Hulu
- American Horror Story: Double Feature, the 10th installment of Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk’s award-winning anthology. Wednesday, August 25 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on FX; next day on FX on Hulu.
- What We Do in the Shadows Season 3 finds the housemates in a panic trying to decide how to deal with Guillermo’s new vampire killer identity, elevating to a new level of power and encountering a number of darkling creatures. Based on the movie by Jermaine Clement and Taika Waititi. Thursday, September 2 at 10 p.m ET/PT on FX; streaming next day on FX on Hulu.
- Impeachment: American Crime, third installment of the award-winning franchise covers the Clinton proceedings, written by Sarah Burgess. Thursday, September 7 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on FX.
- Y: The Last Man, a new drama based on DC Comics’ acclaimed series by Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra, which follows the lone cisgender man and his pet monkey as they navigate the world after an apocalyptic event wipes out every other mammal with a Y chromosome. Showrunner is Eliza Clark. Monday, September 13; FX on Hulu.
- Untitled B.J. Novak Anthology Series, an ambitious new half-hour series about people figuring out timeless moral questions in unprecedented times. Thursday, September 16; FX on Hulu.