More in Television
Dan Povenmire Brings a Personal Touch to ‘Hamster & Gretel’By Ramin Zahed
***This article originally appeared in the August ’22 issue of Animation Magazine (No. 322)*** Never underestimate...
Nickelodeon’s ‘The Tiny Chef Show’ Sets S1 Guests with RuPaul as Announcer
Nickelodeon is whipping up epic culinary adventures in the brand-new series The Tiny Chef Show, premiering Friday, September 9,...
Fred Rogers’ Hit ‘Alma’s Way’ Greenlit for S2 on PBS KIDS
Alma’s Way, the newest animated hit series from Fred Rogers Productions, the children’s media organization behind...
- People on the Move: Hurley Named Head of Studio at M2, Quilez Joins Adobe Immersive, Daily Wire Staffs Kids’ Wingby Mercedes MilliganM2 Animation (m2animation.com) has brought on Owen Hurley as Head of Studio, leading the outposts in Bangkok, with 280 employees, and the newly-built studio in […]
- ‘The Snowman’ Creator Raymond Briggs Dies Age 88by Mercedes MilliganBritish author-illustrator Raymond Briggs, who created numerous works which inspired animated classics such as The Snowman and Ethel & Ernest, died Tuesday, August 9 from pneumonia […]
- Big Wild Teams with Deep Sky for Sparkling ‘OMGarden’ Music Videoby Mercedes MilliganCritically-acclaimed recording artist and producerBig Wild (a.k.a. Jackson Stell) has released an effervescent new single, “OMGarden,” with an enchanting music video created collaboration with […]
- Brent Forrest Introduces His ‘Samurai Frog Golf’ at SIGGRAPHby Ramin ZahedAmong the many animated projects debuting a SIGGRAPH this week is Samurai Frog Golf (or SFG), a charming short created by director Brent Forrest […]
- Navigating ‘Love, Death + Robots: Bad Travelling’ with Blur Studioby Animation MagazineFrom Fight Club to Mank, director David Fincher is a master at using low-key lighting and dark palettes to explore the pitfalls of human […]
- Streamland Media Acquires ‘Cowboy Bebop’ VFX House Ingenuity Studiosby Mercedes MilliganStreamland Media has announced that award-winning Ingenuity Studios is now part of its global post-production offerings. With four locations in the U.S. and Canada, […]
- Hypnotic History: Masaaki Yuasa’s ‘Inu-Oh’ Brings a Rock Opera Note to a Historical Taleby Charles Solomon***This article originally appeared in the August ’22 issue of Animation Magazine (No. 322)*** Based on the novel The Tale of the Heike (Heike […]