Following a successful MIPCOM, Cyber Group Studios, the multi-award-winning company that produces and distributes animated series for kids and families, has secured a raft of international deals with leading broadcasters.
“We are thrilled that the market has so warmly welcomed our programs around the world,” said Raphaelle Mathieu, Senior Vice President Sales, Acquisitions and Digital, Cyber Group Studios. “I am particularly proud to strengthen our relationships with clients in Eastern Europe and Asia, territories that have become increasingly important in our development strategy.”
New deals include:
- France & Benelux – Droners (26 x 22’ HD 2D/CGI), the new hit series from Cyber Group Studios and La Chouette Compagnie, which has ranked as the #17 most-screened program at MIP Junior this year, has been presold to TF1 (France) and Disney Chanel (France and Benelux).
- Netherlands – Mini-Ninjas season 1 (52 x 11’ HD 2D/CGI) based on the best-selling video game distributed by Square Enix (over a million units sold) and official nominee at Pulcinella Awards, Cartoon on the Bay (Italy) and at the Seoul International Cartoon & Animation Festival, SICAF (South Korea) has been acquired by Disney.
- Italy – Ernest and Rebecca (52 x 11’ HD 2D) an animated comedy series commissioned by TF1 (France), full of tenderness, energy and based on the eponymous comic book, has been acquired by Discovery.
- Poland – TVP ABC has acquired three major series: Gigantosaurus (52 x 11’ HD 2D/CGI) – Cyber Group Studios’ hit series, commissioned by Disney Worldwide and France TV; Tom Sawyer (26 x 22’ HD 2D/CGI) – the company’s latest classic hit, coproduced with PVP and with RAI/SRC/HR/ARD, among others, as initial partners; Zorro The Chronicles (26 x 22’ HD CGI) – the iconic series that has already been sold in more than 170 territories globally. ITI Neovision has acquired Ernest and Rebecca (52 x 11’ HD 2D) and Mirette Investigates (52 x 11’ HD 2D).
- Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia, Croatia – Prava i Prevodi has acquired a package of four library titles: Raju the Rickshaw (78 x 7’ HD CGI), Animalia (40 x 24’ HD CGI), Guess What? (52 x 7’ HD CGI) and Patch Pillows (78 x 7’ HD CGI).
- Australia – ABC Australia has acquired Sadie Sparks (52 x 11’ HD 2D/CGI)
- China – Shanghai Senyu Culture Media has acquired Mia (39 x 11’ HD CGI)
- Taiwan – PTS has acquired Gigantosaurus (52 x 11’ HD 2D/CGI)
- Myanmar – Canal+ has acquired Mini Ninjas season 2 (104 x 11’ HD CGI) and Mademoizelle Zazie (78 x 7’ HD CGI)
- Thailand – Cinexplex/True Visions has picked up Leo the Wildlife Ranger (60 x 11’ HD CGI) and Zak Jinks (52 x 11’ HD 2D)
- Hong Kong – TVB has acquired The Pirates Next Door (52 x 11’ HD CGI) and The Long Long Holiday (26 x 22’ HD CGI)
- Bangladesh – Barind has acquired a package of programs, including Ozie Boo Save the Planet (78 x 7’ HD CGI), season 1 of Mini Ninjas (104 x 11’ HD CGI) and feature film Iqbal, Tale of a Fearless Child (80’ HD CGI)
- Vietnam – SCTV has acquired Mini Ninjas season 1 (104 x 11’ HD CGI)