As a special gift to families across the US and select markets, SVOD service YouTube Red is offering five kid-friendly series for free through January 2 — no subscription required. Included are animated series Kings of Atlantis and Fruit Ninja: Frenzy Force.
The shows, all 2017 debuts, will be available exclusively on the YouTube Kids app for viewers in the US, UK, Canada and Australia, with subtitled episodes available in Latin America, Korea and France. Kids can also catch English-language episodes in Denmark, Finland, Ghana, Iceland, India, Ireland, Jamaica, Kenya, Malaysia, Nepal, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Uganda and Zimbabwe.
- Kings of Atlantis: This is a 13-episode animated series that tells the story of two young monarchs of the vast underwater city of Atlantis, who seek to overthrow the brutal usurper of their kingdom, not only to reclaim their birthright, but also to protect their people from his cruel reign. The series features Cody and Joe of the immensely popular Minecraft-inspired YouTube channel, TheAtlanticCraft. (YouTube Kids page)
- Fruit Ninja: Frenzy Force: Inspired by one of the most popular gaming apps with more than one billion mobile downloads, Fruit Ninja is an animated series that follows the humble beginnings of four Fruit Ninjas who run a juice stand as a front for their secret ninja dojo. (YouTube Kids page)
- DanTDM Creates a Big Scene: The series follows the fictional behind-the-scenes of YouTube Star DanTDM’s 2017 tour through the U.S. and Australia. Each episode features Dan and his friends as they pull together to face challenges that threaten to jeopardize his touring show. The series combines live-action with animated characters and includes real footage from his world tour intermixed with the chaotic behind-the-scenes storylines. Dan Middleton, better known as DanTDM, is a British YouTuber and gamer. With more than 14 million subscribers on his main channel DanTDM, Middleton focuses on popular game Minecraft, narrating adventures and stories within the game world. (YouTube Kids page)
- Hyperlinked: Hyperlinked is a 10-episode series which follows popular girl group L2m as they come together to create their own website that’s by girls for girls while also dealing with everyday tween issues involving friendship and growing up. In addition to showing a cool and diverse group of girls with sharp programming skills solving tech problems and everyday middle school issues, the show also features fun pop tunes and dance moves which L2M is known for. The show is inspired by the true story of the Miss O and Friends website and advisors for the series include Google’s Computer Science in Media team, the Geena Davis Institute on Gender in Media, and Kimberly Bryant of Black Girls Code, among others. (YouTube Kids page)
- We Are Savvy: The series stars three internet-obsessed best friends who are empowering their generation by taking a fresh spin on girl culture. Each half hour episode is introduced by Annie LeBlanc of the Bratayley YouTube channel, alongside segment hosts Spencer Barbosa, Tehya Silberman and Sarah Webber who will explore a broad range of topics ranging from handy DIYs and life hacks, to inspiring peer profiles and celebrity interviews including singer Alessia Cara, Supermodel Coco Rocha, and Nashville stars Lennon and Maisy. (YouTube Kids page)
Fruit Ninja: Frenzy Force
Kings of Atlantis