Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse — the winner of the Golden Globe, Critics Choice and Annie Award for Best Animated Feature and Oscar race frontrunner from Sony Pictures Animation — is ready to pop into the home video dimension. Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will release the pic on Digital February 26, and on 4K UHD Combo, Blu-ray Combo and DVD on March 19. The release comes packed with fun bonus features, including a brand-new animated short starring the film’s break-out porcine hero: Spider-Ham!
From producers Phil Lord and Christopher Miller (The LEGO Movie, 21 Jump Street), Spider-Verse has grossed over $350 million in theaters worldwide to date. The pic introduces Brooklyn teen Miles Morales, and the limitless possibilities of the Spider-Verse, where more than one can wear the iconic mask.
“One of the most rewarding experiences in recent months has been to hear that children are telling their parents that they see themselves in Miles, or that they want to grow up to be like Spider-Gwen, anyone can be a hero. That’s why we made this film, and we hope that feeling of empowerment is something that both audiences young and old can take away,” said directors Bob Persichetti, Peter Ramsey and Rodney Rothman.
The voice cast includes Shameik Moore as Miles Morales alongside Jake Johnson (New Girl) as Peter B. Parker, Hailee Steinfeld (Bumblebee) as Gwen Stacy/Spider-Gwen, Mahershala Ali (Green Book) as Miles’ Uncle Aaron, Brian Tyree Henry (Atlanta) as Jefferson Davis, Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie) as Aunt May, Luna Lauren Velez (How to Get Away with Murder) as Rio Morales, Zoë Kravitz (Big Little Lies) as Mary Jane, John Mulaney (Big Mouth) as Spider-Ham, with Nicholas Cage (The Croods) as Spider-Man Noir, Kathryn Hahn (Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation) as Doc Ock and Liev Schreiber (Ray Donovan) as the villain Kingpin.
Bonus materials include:
- We Are Spider-Man: Exploring and celebrating one of the key themes of the film, We Are Spider-Man takes a deep dive into the diversity of the characters and aspirational core that any person from any gender or cultural background can wear the mask.
- Spider-Verse: A New Dimension: With a stunning visual style and state of the art animation designed to take the viewer into the pages of a comic, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse is not only a love letter to comic books but a groundbreaking take on the superhero genre. Hear from the artists and filmmakers who pushed the boundaries of the artform as they discuss their journey.
- The Ultimate Comics Cast: Enjoy this showcase of all of the fan favorite characters featured in the Spider-Verse and the spectacular cast who were chosen to bring them to life.
- A Tribute to Stan Lee & Steve Ditko: Celebrate the amazing legacy and powerful spirit of the creators of Spider-Man.
- The Spider-Verse Super-Fan Easter Egg Challenge: The Spider-Verse is loaded with Easter Eggs, from cameos to comics references. Fans are challenged to find them all!
- Designing Cinematic Comics Characters: A breakdown of all aspects of the character design including costume, movement in animation, and distinct powers for each character.
- Heroes & Hams: Meet the amazing Spider-people of the Spider-Verse.
- Scorpions and Scoundrels: Explore the classic villains who wreak havoc on the Spider-Verse.
- Alternate Universe Mode: In this all-new viewing experience, discover alternate scenes, plotlines, characters, and more with the filmmakers as your guide.
- 2 Lyric Videos: “Sunflower” by Post Malone and Swae Lee “Familia” by Nicki Minaj & Anuel AA (feat. Bantu)
- All-New Original Short “Spider-Ham: Caught In a Ham”: It’s another normal day for Peter Porker, a.k.a. the Spectacular Spider-Ham, fighting bad guys and loving hot dogs, until a mysterious portal starts messing with the very fabric of his cartoon reality.