Disney Interactive is offering its amazing Disney Animated App for a special one-day price of $6.99 on Black Friday (Nov. 29).
First introduced this summer, Disney Animated invites fans into the world of Disney animation through unique interactive illustrations and authentic animation workshops derived from actual Disney technologies, letting users explore the art and technology that bring their favorite characters and stories to life beginning with 1937’s Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and continuing through Disney’s most recent animated film, Frozen.
The app, which contains 170 minutes of video, over 26,000 frames from Disney movies, and 28,000 pictures/clips/posters, is a joint project of Disney Animation Studios and Touch Press, the digital book publishers of Elements and Leonardo da Vinci: Anatomy.
Here are some of the key highlights:
- The Story of Animation: How Disney animated films are brought to life, from early concept and story development through layout and background, animation, visual effects, sound and music and final assembly – with every illustration on every page touchable and interactive, including the ability to peel back the layers of animated scenes to reveal work-in-progress animation steps and visual effects layers.
- Interactive Workshops: Hands-on interactives allow fans to experiment with iPad versions of authentic Disney animation technologies and share their creations via email and social media. Fans can animate Vanellope from Wreck-It Ralph using a straightforward but powerful 3D animation package adapted from real Disney software and control a swirling snow visual effect from the upcoming film Frozen.
- Disney Animation History in One Place: A comprehensive timeline of all 53 animated feature films from Walt Disney Animation Studios, including animated clips of favorite characters and recently uncovered historic trailers.
- Unprecedented Access: Disney Animated contains over 750 interactive illustrations, including more than 400 short animation clips, over 350 high-quality images from Disney’s archives, including backgrounds, concept art, character sketches, and super-zoomable storyboards, 3D rotational photography of rare artifacts like the maquette of Hyacinth, the dancing hippo from Fantasia, and a unique Color Map that displays a sophisticated color summary and thumbnail frames from every scene from every one of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ 52 released feature films in a single iPad image.
- Feature films: Fans can immerse themselves in content from all 53 full-length animated feature films. From the ability to examine treasured artifacts and intricate artwork to an exclusive first look at footage, concept art, animation tests and visual effects from the upcoming film Frozen, Disney Animated allows fans to discover the animation process through hands-on interactive activities adapted from the actual tools Disney animators use.
You can buy the App at www.appstore.com/DisneyAnimated. Check out the trailer here: