Genius Brands International has added eight new animated series aimed at children and family audiences from DHX Media to its streaming outlet Kid Genius Cartoons Plus!, available on Amazon Channels.
In announcing the content licensing agreement, Genius Brands’ SVP of Global Content Distribution and Marketing & President of Kid Genius Cartoon Channel Deb Pierson stated:
“Genius Brands is committed to engaging the imaginations of young people the world over, which is why so many of the beloved series we are now offering are complementary to the Kid Genius Cartoons Plus! channel schedule on Amazon. In building out our subscription streaming service, our priority is to ensure that all content meets our criteria of being both entertaining and enriching and that all series resonate with our young viewers. We also want to assure parents and caregivers that they can trust the Kid Genius platform to provide age appropriate, engaging content within a safe viewing environment, something that is equally important to Amazon as well.”
The newly added shows are:
- Liberty’s Kids, an animated adventure drama that chronicles the American Revolutionary War as seen through the eyes of an American teenage boy, a young English lady, and a French boy, all of whom work as reporters for Benjamin Franklin. Featuring the voice of Walter Cronkite as Franklin and a host of voice talent, including Sylvester Stallone, Ben Stiller, Billy Crystal, Dustin Hoffman, Annette Bening, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Liam Neeson, Whoopi Goldberg and more.
- The Adventures of Paddington Bear, an animated children’s television series based on the book Paddington Bear by Michael Bond, which follows the adventures of a bear from Peru that comes to England after an earthquake destroys his home.
- Inspector Gadget (classic), an animated action adventure series follows the bumbling bionic police inspector as he stumbles about on his cases, while his niece and dog secretly do the real investigative work.
- Animal Mechanicals, an animated preschool series stars Rex, Unicorn, Komodo, Sasquatch and Mouse, each with their own unique gifts that help the team explore fantastic worlds, complete cool quests, and work together to solve puzzles.
- The Littles, an animated adventure series about a 13-year-old boy named Henry Bigg who goes on vacation and finds a whole family of mouse-sized creatures in his suitcase – parents William and Lucy and their three children, 21-year-old Dinky, 13-year-old Tom and 10-year-old Lucy, among them.
- New Adventures of Madeline, an animated series based on classic children’s book by Ludwig Bemelmans, chronicles the adventures of the little red-haired girl named Madeline, Pepito, Miss Clavel and her friends.
- Pirates, Adventures in Art, a preschool animation series sets sail with the artsiest and craftiest crew of rollicking rogues ever to sail the seven seas.
- Dino Squad, a children’s animation series follows five quirky teenagers who become dinosaurs to fight crime.