Today Trajectory has signed a distribution agreement with digital platform comiXology to make available the popular Classic Illustrated line of comics and graphic novels.
One of the well-known brands in the comic book publishing arena, The Classics Illustrated line consists of illustrated adaptations of traditional literature, non-fiction and biographies featuring the world’s greatest stories by the worlds greatest authors including: Charles Dickens, William Shakespeare, Victor Hugo, H.G. Wells, Jules Verne, The Last of the Mohicans, War of the Worlds, The Pearl Princess, Treasure Island, The Count of Monte Cristo, Robin Hood, Snow White, Jane Eyre, The Three Musketeers and over one hundred more.
Trajectory and comiXology have made over 15 issues available today.
“You’ll be hard-pressed to find a greater collection of graphic adaptations of classic literature than with the Classics Illustrated line,” said comiXology co-founder and CEO David Steinberger. “Now an entirely new generation of readers the world over can experience these timeless tales like never before on comiXology.”
“Everyone here at Trajectory is excited about getting the Classic Illustrated line in front of an entirely new audience with comiXology,” said Trajectory, Inc. CEO Jim Bryant. “We can’t wait to hear from new and old fans alike when they are wowed when they experience these titles in comiXology’s ground breaking Guided View reading technology.”
Within several months, the entire 120 issues run of the Classics Illustrated will be available to experience in comiXology’s Guided View and in CMX-HD on compatible iOS and Android devices.
The complete launch list is:
- Classics Illustrated #1: The Three Musketeers
- Classics Illustrated #4: The Last of the Mohicans
- Classics Illustrated #13: Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde
- Classics Illustrated #26: Frankenstein
- Classics Illustrated #47: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
- Classics Illustrated #54: The Man in the Iron Mask
- Classics Illustrated #64: Treasure Island
- Classics Illustrated #124: The War of the Worlds
- Classics Illustrated #128: Macbeth
- Classics Illustrated #134: Romeo and Juliette
- Classics Illustrated #153: The Invisible Man
- Classics Illustrated Junior #501: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- Classics Illustrated Junior #506: The Three Little Pigs
- Classics Illustrated Junior #515: Johnny Appleseed
- Classics Illustrated Junior #519: Paul Bunyan
ComiXology’s catalog and unique Guided View reading experience is available across the iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire, Windows 8, and the Web.