Disney’s new installment in its wintry fantasy franchise, Olaf’s Frozen Adventure, is out now on Digital SD/HD and Movies Anywhere. To celebrate, the studio has released a couple neat clips: a featurette with input from producer Roy Conli, voice star Josh Gad, songwriters Elyssa Samsel and Kate Anderson; and a fun rundown of the 21-minute movie’s Easter Eggs.
The seasonal tale follows Olaf (Gad) as he teams up with Sven on a merry mission. It’s the first holiday season since the gates of the castle reopened, and Anna (Kristen Bell) and Queen Elsa (Idina Menzel) are hosting a celebration for all of Arendelle. When the townspeople unexpectedly leave early to enjoy their individual holiday customs, the sisters realize they have no family traditions of their own. So, Olaf sets out to comb the kingdom to bring home the best traditions and save this first Christmas for his friends.
The digital release also comes with six classic Disney holiday shorts:
- The Hockey Champ – Donald Duck shows his nephews the moves that won him his hockey trophy, but the boys have a few moves of their own.
- Winter – In this musical short – the last of the “Silly Symphony” series – see wintertime from the point of view of our favorite woodland creatures.
- The Art of Skiing – The first cartoon to use the now-famous Goofy holler, this short features Goofy learning how to ski at the Sugar Bowl Ski Resort.
- Pluto’s Christmas Tree – While picking out their Christmas tree, Mickey and Pluto chop down the perfect one, unaware that they’re bringing home Chip and Dale along for the ride.
- Once Upon a Wintertime – While courting Jenny, Joe tries to show off on the ice, but events soon turn to a timely rescue in this musical December Valentine.
- Polar Trappers – The first cartoon to feature Donald and Goofy without Mickey; The duo are animal trappers in the South Pole with very different (and hilariously unsuccessful) approaches.