Montreal-based animation software creator Toon Boom has launched its new Storyboard Pro 3D yesterday. This new tool is billed as the only storyboarding application that combines 3D assets and vector smoothly and efficiently. Adding the ability to import 3D CGI objects lets users work artistically while streamlining their workflow. Ideal for 3D animation, live-action, games, mixed media as well as 2D animation, Storyboard Pro 3D offers the ability to import 3D CG objects while streamlining their workflow.
“We are thrilled with the release of Storyboard Pro 3D, which is a great testament to Toon Boom’s commitment to delivering leading-edge technology to the animation and digital content community at large,” notes Joan Vogelesang, Toon Boom Animation’s president and CEO.
With Storyboard Pro 3D, users get the solid foundation of Storyboard Pro and the added functionality of being able to import and manipulate 3D objects, opening up new storyboarding possibilities. Among the many features offered:
Working with 3D Objects
- Supports multiple formats (FBX, OBJ, OSB)
- Import with textures visible in OpenGL
- Manipulate imported objects in 3D
- Sub-select meshes in the 3D object to manipulate them based on the pivot points that were set up in the original 3D file
- Reposition pivot points in Storyboard Pro 3D after import
- Choose between Wireframe, Flat, or Shaded display for 3D objects
Working in a 3D Space
- Work in the Top View, Side View, and Camera View to position elements in 3D space
- Manipulate 2D layers in depth
- Manipulate 3D objects in all three axes
- 2D layers and 3D objects can interact with each other based on their placement in the scene
- Draw with the new Pencil tool which supports pressure sensitivity
- Variable line thickness which can be edited with the Pencil Editor tool
- Edit the position of the pencil line with the Contour Editor tool
You can catch a demo here:
The software costs $1249; crossgrade from Storyboard Pro is $599.
For more info, visit www.toonboom.com