Genius Brands International announces the official launch of Stan Lee’s Superhero Kindergarten, which premiers on April 23, streaming exclusively on the company’s Kartoon Channel! new episodes of the 26 x half-hour series will debut each week.
Stan Lee’s Superhero Kindergarten is one of the last creations from the genius mind of the late Stan Lee, and stars the voice of iconic big screen action hero Arnold Schwarzenegger, who is also an executive producer on the series. The action-adventure comedy for kids and families focuses on the adventures of six unique kids who are learning to master their super skills, along with their ABCs. With the help of their teacher Arnold Armstrong (a.k.a. Captain Fantastic, the greatest superhero to ever live!), they will learn the values of teamwork and health while also protecting their town from rivals.
“This is a deeply personal project for me and I am so pumped to introduce it to the world,” said Schwarzenegger. “Not only has it allowed me to bring to life the work of the fantastic Stan Lee, but the series also touches on subjects I’ve spent my life working on, from health and fitness tips and anti-bullying messages to inclusivity and diversity. It brings me great joy to share that messaging with kids in a way that is vibrant, dynamic and most important — fun! It’s an honor to have worked with Stan Lee and I know he would be proud of the message we’re delivering.”
With great power, comes great MESS! The school day at Superhero Kindergarten is a lot like that at any other kindergarten…except these six extraordinary students have a secret… They are superheroes!
It all began five years ago when Arnold Armstrong faced off in a final fight against his nemesis, the evil Dr. Superior, that left him powerless. Little did anyone know that during the fight, super-energy particles rained down on a group of unsuspecting toddlers. Now, those toddlers are kindergarten students at Greenville Elementary School who, with the help of Arnold Armstrong, must learn to control their powers as they go on super adventures! Arnold Armstrong’s mission: to train these kids to use their super-powers safely and without wrecking the school or revealing their identities.
- Arnold Armstrong/Captain Fantastic teaches the kids how to use their powers for good!
- Pedro/Power Pedro might be the smallest kid in his class, but his super strength makes him the strongest kid…in the world!
- Patty/Patty Putty can stretch her body, melt like slime, bounce like a super ball and absorb tremendous impact thanks to her stretch power!
- Billy/Blocker has the power to create solid building blocks out of energy that he uses to literally build a wall around himself, others and just about anything!
- Lin/Cray Cray loves to draw and she’s good. So good that everything she draws — from doorways to bridges, comes to life thanks to her crayon power!
- Jackson/Jackson Jet’s flight powers are a little embarrassing. They come from gas — his own!
- Vik/Sticky has super adhesive skin which gives him stick power! When it activates everything and anything sticks to him!
Stan Lee’s Superhero Kindergarten is voice-directed by Emmy winner John Landis, with Steven Banks, former head writer for SpongeBob SquarePants, serving as head writer. The series is produced by Genius Brands and Stan Lee’s POW! Entertainment in association with Schwarzenegger’s Oak Productions. Gill Champion, CEO of POW!; Andy Heyward, Chairman & CEO of Genius Brands; Schwarzenegger; and Paul Wachter of Main Street Advisors serve as executive producers.