Netflix today released the official trailer for Trese, the highly anticipated Netflix Original Anime series based on the Philippine graphic novel created by Budjette Tan and KaJO Baldisimo, premiering with all six episodes on Netflix June 11 (www.netflix.com/trese).
Set in a Manila where the mythical creatures of Philippine folklore live in hiding amongst humans, Alexandra Trese finds herself going head to head with a criminal underworld made up of malevolent supernatural beings.
Additions were also revealed to the English-language and Filipino-language voice cast:
Darren Criss (The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story), Jon Jon Briones (Ratched), Nicole Scherzinger (Moana), Manny Jacinto (The Good Place), Lou Diamond Phillips (La Bamba) and Dante Basco (Avatar: The Last Airbender) join Shay Mitchell (YOU, Pretty Little Liars), previously announced as the voice of Alexandra Trese in the English language version. Wes Gleason is voice directing the English version.
Liza Soberano (My Ex and Whys, Alone/Together) will voice Alexandra Trese in the Filipino language version of the series, and will be joined by local professional voice talents Simon dela Cruz (as Crispin and Basilio), Apollo Abraham (Captain Guerrero), Christopher Carlo Caling (Hank), Christian Velarde (Nuno) and Eugene Adalia (Anton Trese). Well-respected Filipino language voice artist director Rudolf Baldonado will direct the local voice talents.
The series is directed by showrunner and executive producer Jay Oliva (Justice League Dark, The Legend of Korra); Shanty Harmayn and Tanya Yuson at Jakarta/Singapore’s BASE Entertainment are also exec producers. Trese is written by Yuson, Zig Marasigan and Mihk Vergara; series directors are David Hartman (Transformers: Prime), Mel Zwyer (Star Wars Rebels) and Tim Divar (Young Justice). Jojo Aguilar (TRON Uprising) is production designer & art director; character design by Will Nichosl (Star Wars: The Clone Wars).
Series composers are Kevin Kiner, Sean Kiner and Dean Kiner (Star Wars: The Clone Wars). Filipino band UDD, formerly known as Up Dharma Down, composed the official soundtrack for Trese, titled “PAAGI,” with lyrics by Armi Millare and Paul Yap.
English-language voice cast:
- Shay Mitchell – Alexandra Trese
- Griffin Puatu – The Kambal (Crispin and Basilio), Bantay
- Matt Yang King – Captain Guerrero, Dominic
- Jon Jon Briones – Hank, Xa-Mul
- Steve Blum – Datu Talagbusao, Ibwa
- Carlos Alazraqui – Anton Trese, Santelmo
- Manny Jacinto – Maliksi
- Eric Bauza – Nuno the Snitch, Bagyon Lektro
- Darren Criss – Marco
- Nicole Scherzinger – Miranda Trese
- Lou Diamond Phillips – Mayor Sancho Santamaria
- Dante Basco – Bagyon Kulimlim
- Rodney To – Aswang market guard, Man in drag
Filipino language voice cast:
- Liza Soberano – Alexandra Trese
- Simon dela Cruz – The Kambal (Crispin and Basilio)
- Apollo Abraham – Captain Guerrero
- Christopher Carlo Caling – Hank
- Eugene Adalia – Anton Trese
- Cheska Aguiluz – Miranda Trese
- Christian Velarde – Nuno
- Bryan Encarnacion – Datu Talagbusao
- Nica Rojo – Ramona
- Jo Anne Orobia-Chua – Emissary
- Jose Amado Santiago – Marco
- Steve dela Cruz – Maliksi
- Rene Tandoc – Mayor Santamaria
- Steffi Graf Bontogon-Mola – Young, Teen Alexandra
- RJ Celdran – Santelmo, Señor Armanaz
- Elyrey Martin – Ibwa, Dominic
- Steven Bontogon – Jobert