Netflix has announced a new cast of the upcoming anime series, Army of the Dead: Lost Vegas, a spin-off series that serves as a prequel to Zack Snyder’s upcoming 2021 zombie action heist film Army of the Dead. Newly announced voicers are:
- Joe Manganiello (Justice League) as Rose
- Christian Slater (Mr. Robot) as Torrance
- Harry Lennix (The Blacklist) as Boorman
- Ross Butler (13 Reasons Why) as Chen
- Anya Chalotra (The Witcher) as Lucilia
- Vanessa Hudgens (Tick, Tick … Boom!) as Willow
- Jena Malone (Antebellum) as Zeta
- Yetide Badaki (American Gods) as Queen Meeru
- Christina Wren (Man of Steel) as Nicole
- Monica Barbaro (The Good Cop) as Meagan
- Nolan North (Star Trek: Lower Decks) as Clemenson
Previously announced cast Dave Bautista, Ana De La Reguera, Tig Notaro, Omari Hardwick and Ella Purnell will reprise their feature roles in the anime series.
Army of the Dead: Lost Vegas chronicles the origin story of Scott (Bautista) and his rescue crew during the initial fall of Vegas as they confront the mysterious source of the zombie outbreak.
The series will be executive produced by Deborah Snyder, Zack Snyder, Wesley Coller from The Stone Quarry alongside Jay Oliva and Shay Hatten. Zack Snyder will direct two episodes. Oliva (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns and upcoming Netflix Original Anime Series Trese) will be showrunning as well as directing two episodes.
Animation will be provided by Montreal-based Meduzarts Animation Studio. The studio specializes in creating TV series and movies for young adults with distinctive creative flair. Meduzarts has been part of multiple Emmy and VES Award winner Digital Dimension Entertainment Group, also a Quebec company based in Montreal, since 2011.