Just as the final installment of the fan-favorite Tales of Arcadia series trilogy, Wizards, makes its premiere today, DreamWorks Animation and Netflix announce a new feature film from creator Guillermo del Toro: Trollhunters: Rise of the Titans. The feature-length epic adventure is currently in production,aiming to bring fans back to the show’s Emmy-winning animated world in 2021.
Read more about Wizards here.
“Team Trollhunters committed, about a decade ago, to try and push the boundaries of 3D CGI animation made for TV. We made decisions from the get-go regarding every asset and every audiovisual decision. We outlined a vast trilogy of interconnecting mythology and characters that we always hoped could culminate with a massive ‘all-stars’ reunion. Fortunately for us, DreamWorks Animation and Netflix both shared the very ambitious notion of doing the three series, interwoven and then finishing off with a bigger, epic-sized feature film to top it all off,” said del Toro. “We wanted the feature to improve and expand but to also deliver more scope, more spectacle — more emotion, too. We are very proud of the Tales of Arcadia and extremely eager to deliver this spectacular finale for the audience.”
Del Toro is executive producing the film alongside Arcadian collaborators Marc Guggenheim, Chad Hammes, Dan Hageman and Kevin Hageman. Guggenheim and the Hagemans are also writing Rise of the Titans, which will be directed by trilogy veterans Johane Matte, Francisco Ruiz Velasco and Andrew L. Schmidt.
The voice cast features Emile Hirsch, Lexi Medrano, Charlie Saxton, Kelsey Grammer, Alfred Molina, Steven Yeun, Nick Frost, Colin O’Donoghue, Diego Luna, Tatiana Maslany, Cole Sand, Nick Offerman, Fred Tatasciore, Brian Blessed, Kay Bess, Piotr Michael, James Hong, Tom Kenny, Angel Lin, Amy Landecker, Jonathan Hyde, Bebe Wood, Laraine Newman, Grey Griffin and Cheryl Hines.
Synopsis: Arcadia may look like an ordinary town, but it lies at the center of magical and mystical lines that makes it a nexus for many battles among otherworldly creatures including trolls, aliens and wizards. Now, the heroes from the hit series Trollhunters, 3Below and Wizards team-up in their most epic adventure yet where they must fight the Arcane Order for control over the magic that binds them all.
The Tales of Arcadia catalogue, available to stream exclusively on Netflix comprises:
- Trollhunters (2016-2018): Set in the fictional suburb of Arcadia, our unlikely hero, Jim, and his two best friends make a startling discovery that beneath their hometown lies a hidden battle between good trolls and bad, the outcome of which will impact their lives forever.
- Part 1 – December 23, 2016 (26 episodes)
- Part 2 – December 17, 2017 (13 episodes)
- Part 3 – May 25, 2018 (13 episodes)
- 3Below (2018-2019): After crash-landing in Arcadia, two royal teen aliens on the run struggle to blend in with humans as they evade intergalactic bounty hunters.
- Part 1 – December 21, 2018 (13 episodes)
- Part 2 – July 12, 2019 (13 episodes)
- Wizards – Premiers Friday, August 7 (10 episodes) Wizard-in-training Douxie (Colin O’Donoghue) and the heroes of Arcadia embark on a time-bending adventure to medieval Camelot that leads to an apocalyptic battle for the control of magic that will determine the fate of these supernatural worlds that have now converged.