All seven feature films from the “King of Indie Animation,” award-winning animator Bill Plympton, will be available to rent and purchase through all major digital platforms next month.
Bursting with Plympton’s unique visual style and subversive sense of humor honed over 30 years of groundbreaking filmmaking, The Tune, I Married a Strange Person!, Mutant Aliens, Hair High, Idiots and Angels, Cheatin’ and Revengeance will be released by Shout! Factory on October 15 across Apple TV, Google Play, Amazon Video and more.
Three of these titles — Hair High, Mutant Aliens and I Married a Strange Person! — will be offered in brand-new HD transfers.
Plympton began his career as an illustrator and nationally syndicated cartoonist before making his first animated short, Boomtown, in 1983. With a distinctive visual style and gift for conveying the absurdist, off-center ridiculousness of everyday life, Plympton’s work has spanned from commercials and music videos to full-length animated features and the animated shorts for which he is best known.
Winner of the recent 2019 Webby Awards’ Best Animated Series for Trump Bites, Plympton has also been honored over the years with the Cannes Film Festival’s Jury Prize and was nominated twice for the Academy Award.
Plympton feature film library:
- Revengeance (2016) A low-rent bounty hunter named Rod Rosse, The One Man Posse, gets entangled in a web of danger when he takes on a job from an ex-biker/ex-wrestler turned U.S. senator named “Deathface.”
- Cheatin’ (2013) When a scheming woman drives a wedge of jealousy into Jake and Ella’s perfect courtship, insecurity and hatred spell out an untimely fate. With only the help of a disgraced magician and his forbidden “soul machine,” Ella takes the form of Jake’s numerous lovers, desperately fighting through malfunction and deceit as the couple tries to reclaim their destiny.
- Idiots and Angels (2008) A morally bankrupt man wakes up one morning to find wings sprouting from his back that make him do good deeds, throwing him unwillingly into a battle for his own soul. Presented by Terry Gilliam.
- Hair High (2004) An outrageous Gothic myth from the 1950s, Hair High is the legend of Cherri and Spud, a teenage couple who are murdered on prom night and left for dead at the bottom of Echo Lake. Exactly one year later, their skeletal remains come back to life and they return to the prom for revenge and their justly-deserved crowns. This release features a brand-new HD transfer.
- Mutant Aliens (2001) 20 Years after astronaut Earl Jensen’s ship was sabotaged and Jensen was left for dead, he returns to Earth to take revenge on the man who was responsible. Backing Jensen up is a ragtag gang of mutant aliens from outer space. Soon, these deadly but lovable aliens reveal their secret powers and not even the world’s strongest army can stop them from accomplishing their mission! This release features a brand-new HD transfer.
- I Married a Strange Person! (1997) This high-spirited and sexually-charged comedy is about a young husband who gains the power to make his fantasies into reality. The couple has to battle an ambitious TV executive and a slimy Army colonel who want this power for themselves. This release features a brand-new HD transfer.
- The Tune (1992) Del is a songwriter for the obnoxious Mr. Mega, and in love with Didi, Mega’s secretary. His quest to write a hit tune brings him to the wacky world of Flooby Nooby, where he just might learn to write songs from the heart.