It’s another big month for original anime, kids & family content and compelling feature animation on Netflix! Subscribers will finally get to check out Richard Linklater’s Apollo 10 ½: A Space Age Childhood, kicking off the lineup on April 1. Brand-new series The Creature Cases, interactive toons Battle Kitty and Trivia Quest, and Samurai Rabbit — based on Stan Sakai’s iconic Usagi Yojimbo comics — also highlight the schedule, alongside the return of Green Eggs and Ham. Plus, anime fans can enjoy the new original movie Bubble, more Ultraman and Pacific Rim: The Black as well as the long-awaited return of Tiger & Bunny.
Check out the New on Netflix teaser video for April (family clips starts at about 6:40, anime at 8:06 ) and the full rundown of this month’s animation highlights below.
- Apollo 10 1/2: A Space Age Childhood (Netflix Film) — A man narrates stories of his life as a 10-year-old boy in 1969 Houston, weaving tales of nostalgia with a fantastical account of a journey to the moon. (Watch the trailer here; read more in the April ’22 issue of Animation Magazine.)
- Trivia Quest (Netflix Series; new episodes daily) — Test your knowledge of history, art, science and more across varying levels of difficulty in this interactive trivia series.
- Abby Hatcher Season 2
- CoComelon Season 5
- How to Train Your Dragon
- The Nut Job
- Polly Pocket Season 4, Part 1: Summer of Fun
- Puss in Boots
- Shrek Forever After
- Green Eggs and Ham: The Second Serving (Season 2) (Netflix Family) — A secret story, an unsolved mystery, a new beginning — and spies! Settle in for a second helping of Seuss-inspired fun and epic adventure.
- Tiger & Bunny 2 (Netflix Anime; Japan) — Mismatched hero duo Wild Tiger and Barnaby lead the way in keeping the peace and getting sponsors as heroes from around the world enter the fray.
- Barbie It Takes Two Season 1
- The Creature Cases (Netflix Family) — Special agents Sam and Kit hop the globe with their sleuthing skills, science facts and cool gadgets to solve the animal kingdom’s many mysteries. (Series announcement.)
- Ultraman Season 2 (Netflix Anime; Japan) — Ultraman is joined by Seven, Ace, Zoffy, Jack and Taro and together, the united Ultraman brotherhood takes on a new alien threat.
- One Piece Film Z
- Strawberry Shortcake Berry in the Big City Season 1
- LEGO Friends: Girls on a Mission Seasons 1-4
- Battle Kitty (Netflix Family) — A warrior kitten must defeat all the monsters on Battle Island in order to be crowned a champion. An interactive animated adventure from Matt Layzell. (Read more in the upcoming May ’22 issue of Animation Magazine!)
- Pacific Rim: The Black Season 2 (Netflix Anime) — The epic series conclusion! Piloting Atlas Destroyer with Mei and Boy in tow, Hayley and Taylor continue their journey to Sydney, but first, they must get past a bloodthirsty cult. (First look.)
- Samurai Rabbit: The Usagi Chronicles (Netflix Family) — An impulsive, samurai-wannabe rabbit and his new warrior friends join forces to protect their city from monsters, ninjas, gang members and evil aliens. (Read more in the upcoming May ’22 issue of Animation Magazine!)
- Bubble (Netflix Anime; Japan) — In an abandoned Tokyo overrun by bubbles and gravitational abnormalities, one gifted young man has a fateful meeting with a mysterious girl. (Watch the teaser here.)
Netflix Games is also launching a new title this month: Relic Hunters: Rebels (coming soon) invites players to shoot and dash through colorful levels while crafting and upgrading dozens of weapons to defeat the Ducan Empire and bring peace to a divided planet. Netflix Games are available on Android and iOS devices with a Netflix subscription — no ads, additional fees or in-game purchases necessary.