The Gnomon School of Visual Effects has announced a roster of top digital artists will lead its Master Classes 2011.
From February 11-25, in a private online community, participants will interact with and learn from some of the VFX leaders behind blockbuster projects including Avatar, District 9 and Transformers 2 in a comprehensive instruction block that covers nearly every aspect in the digital arts production pipeline.
Including more than 30 hours of lectures, community interaction across private forums and direct contact with the creative leads from legendary production houses like DreamWorks and conceptual design hubs like the Weta Workshop, Gnomon’s Master Classes 2011 will provide highly-specialized and in-depth education in the industry’s most critical realms.
“Whether it’s experienced in a museum, blockbuster film or an immersive game, imaginative, inspiring art conveys and strengthens stories in ways that no other medium can achieve,” said Alex Alvarez, founder and CEO of the Gnomon School of Visual Effects. “Simply put, the instructors we’ve brought together for this year’s online Master Classes are the best in the industry at that-creating art that fascinates and inspires like nothing else can.”
Master Classes 2011 ticket holders will be able access twelve specialized sets of instruction covering everything from motion graphics and lifelike character-design to prop fabrication and environment lighting. Focused software instruction will cover essential VFX tools like Maya, ZBrush and Photoshop, and explore their professional applications. Artists of all levels-from aspiring young artists to seasoned VFX professionals-will receive detailed feedback from instructors coupled with high definition, on-demand courses accessible at any time during the two-week period.
Users can purchase digital tickets to the entire suite of 12 classes for $295 and get more information at http://www.gnomonschool.com/master/2011/. The complete course offerings are listed below.
Course listings include:
- 3D Design for Production. Instructor: Vitaly Bulgarov, 3D Cinematic Artist
- Motion Graphics for Feature Film. Instructor: Neil Huxley, Motion Graphics Director for Avatar
- A Pungent Character: Getting Grit into Imaginary Faces. Instructor: David Meng, Lead Creature Designer for District 9
- Digital Character Physiology. Instructor: Rick Grandy, Digital Character and Pipeline Supervisor
- Independent Dystopia. Instructor: Grzegorz Jonkajtys, Director of The 3rd Letter and ARK
- The Making of Dirge. Instructor: Alex Alvarez, CEO and Founder of Gnomon School of Visual Effects
- Three Hour 3D Figure Study. Instructor: Jeremy Engleman, 3D Painter at DreamWorks Animation
- Creating Realistic Skin with Mari. Instructor: Gareth Jensen, Texture Artist at Double Negative
- ZBrush to Photoshop – Character Design Tutorial. Instructor: Scott Spencer, Digital Sculptor at Weta Workshop
- Character Design for Illustration. Instructor: Paul Tobin, Concept Designer at Weta Workshop
- Film and Prop Fabrication. Instructor: Rick Hilgner, Concept Designer at Creative Concepts Enterprises
- Environment Lighting & Progressive Rendering. Instructor: Alex Sandri, Freelance 3D Artist
For more information or to schedule an interview with Eric Miller, Managing Director of the Gnomon Workshop at the Gnomon School of Visual Effects, please call Nick Parker at 310-694-3138.