Netflix has announced additional voice cast joining The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance, the epic prequel series to the beloved 1982 Jim Henson film, set to premiere August 30. Resistance returns to the world of Thra with an all new adventure when three Gelfling heroes discover the horrifying secret behind the Skeksis’ power, and set out on an epic journey to ignite the fires of rebellion and save their world.
Newly announced voice cast include:
- Lena Headey (Game of Thrones) as Maudra Fara
- Benedict Wong (Avengers: Endgame) as The General
- Awkwafina (Crazy Rich Asians) as The Collector
- Sigourney Weaver as The Myth-Speaker (voice-only character)
- Hannah John-Kamen (Ant-Man and The Wasp) as Naia
- Dave Goelz (The Dark Crystal) as Baffi, a Fizzgig
“I am so grateful to this dedicated and gifted ensemble who has so beautifully voiced the characters performed by our puppeteers. Gathering such highly skilled performers was only possible because of their love and respect for Jim Henson’s work and his ongoing legacy,” said Louis Leterrier, Director and Executive Producer for the series.
As previously announced, the series voice cast is led by Taron Egerton (Kingsman), Anya Taylor-Joy (The Witch) and Nathalie Emmanuel (Game of Thrones) as the three Gelfling protagonists, Rian, Brea and Deet,
Check out additional teasers on the The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Netflix page.