Felix the Cat, “the first animated movie star,” is celebrating his centenary! November 9, 2019 marks the 100th anniversary of Felix’s debut — also known as Felix the Cat Day. To celebrate, Universal Brand Development has released all-new Felix the Cat clothing, products and accessories through collaborations with Loungefly, Funko, Skechers and more.
Felix made his first public appearance in a short film called Feline Follies, and soon after, he was playing in every silent movie house in the world. He then went on to appear in over 250 newspapers in 70 different languages, and even became the first image to be broadcast over television airwaves. Felix was also the first cartoon likeness to be made into a parade balloon in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in 1933.
Some of the exclusive items fans will be clamoring to get their paws on include:
- Plush, pillows and keychains from Aliquantum (full line on JellyBeet.com Nov. 16; select SKUs on BoxLunch.com)
- Exclusive Fashion Nova long sleeve tee ($24.99) and tie-dye style short sleeve tee ($21.99)
- Funko Pop! The Amazing Original Felix the Cat vinyl figure ($10.90, BoxLunch.com), Pop! Pez Dispenser ($9.99, Walmart/Mass) and Target.com Limited Edition Exclusive pack including silver Felix Pop! and tee in a charming “bag of tricks” box ($25, Dec. 5)
- Loungefly Felix the Cat Checkered Mini Backpack ($59.90; Loungefly.com/BoxLunch/Amazon), Kisslock Crossbody Bag ($72; Loungefly/Amazon), Chenille Print Tote ($72; Loungefly/Amazon) and Zip Around Wallet ($38 Loungefly/Amazon)
- A range of bold and branded men’s tees from Neon Riot, including two graphic styles for Tilly’s ($17.99) and four more colorful, stripy designs ($24.99)
- A retro-inspired 3D Motion Wall Clock from NJ Croce ($44.90; Amazon/BoxLunch)
- Dapper Felix pomade pots in both original and firm hold options from Sally Beauty ($11/$13)
- A fresh women’s line of Skechers x Felix 100 shoe styles, in stores in November