Cartoon Network Enterprises has grown its ever expanding universe of licensing partners for the popular Adult Swim series Rick and Morty. New products will be rolling out across various categories, including home decor, accessories, and gifts & collectibles. The announcement came at the opening of The International Home + Housewares Show, the world’s largest dedicated housewares show, running March 10-13 in Chicago.
“Rick and Morty fans want these characters in their everyday life; and we are thrilled to welcome these new partners to our brand portfolio as we keep up with consumer demand,” said Pete Yoder, VP, Cartoon Network Enterprises for North America.
New Rick and Morty partners and partnership expansions include:
- Franco Manufacturing is producing home textiles, including Rick and Morty throws which are now available, and beach and bedding that will be available at retail this spring.
- An assortment of lamps and lighting will be introduced from Rabbit Tanaka, including table, wall, string, night and novelty with motion. In addition, wall décor of medium density fiber boards and canvas art will also be introduced.
- A full range of Rick and Morty-themed bookmarks, calendars, decals, posters and writing instruments from Trends International, LLC are now available at retail.
- Bioworld Accessories will debut a collection of Rick and Morty desktop collectibles and travel accessories in April, including notebooks, sticky notes, pencil cases, staplers, umbrellas, luggage covers, neck pillows and more.
- Calhoun will introduce a line of Rick and Morty wall banners of all shapes, sizes and fabrics.
- Cloud Pillows, Cloud Pillow sets and accessories will debut later this year from The Northwest Company.
- Insight Editions will launch hardcover ruled journals, deluxe hardcover journal sets, pocket journals and sketchbooks this spring.
Rick and Morty, which wrapped its third season in fall 2017, follows a sociopathic genius scientist who drags his inherently timid grandson on insanely dangerous adventures across the universe. Rick Sanchez (voiced by Justin Roiland) lives with his daughter Beth’s (Sarah Chalke) family and constantly drags her, his son-in-law Jerry (Chris Parnell), granddaughter Summer (Spencer Grammer) and grandson Morty (Roiland) into intergalactic escapades. Can the family survive Rick’s insanity and all the chaos the universe throws at them? Rick and Morty is created by Dan Harmon (Community) and Roiland, who also serve as executive producers.