Sanrio, the global lifestyle brand best known for pop icon Hello Kitty, has announced the voiceover actors and writers who helped bring to life their new short-form YouTube animated series, Hello Kitty and Friends Supercute Adventures. The first full episode debuts today (Monday, Oct. 26) at 3 p.m. PST.
Produced by Split Studio with voice casting and direction by Verité Entertainment’s Rene Veilleux, the series introduces new, fresh and authentic voices to Hello Kitty and her five closest friends – My Melody, Keroppi, Badtz-Maru, Pompompurin and Kuromi – as they go on new and exciting adventures in the vast, wonderful world of Sanrio. Fans might recognize a few familiar personalities, as the Hello Kitty and Friends Supercute Adventures lineup includes:
- Sarah Williams as Hello Kitty: Sarah Williams is best known for her role of Jinx the Loose Cannon from League of Legends, Lisbeth from Sword Art Online, Sailor Star Healer from Sailor Moon: Sailor Stars, and Echo from Mobius Final Fantasy.
- Michelle Marie as My Melody: Michelle Marie’s notable roles include Leaf in Pokémon Masters, Millium Orion in Trails of Cold Steel III, Toki in Kemono Friends, and Belle in Vindictus.
- Ryan Bartley as Pompompurin: Ryan Bartley’s top performing recent feature films including The Boss Baby, The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part, Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie, and more.
- Jenny Yokobori as Kuromi: Jenny Yokobori is best known for her roles as Elice and Eleonora in Fire Emblem Heroes, Terminal in XCOM: Chimera Squad, and as the U.S. voice of Dashi in Octonauts and the Caves of Sac Actun.
- Evette Wulk as Badtz-Maru: Evette Wulk is an American voice actress known for Warioware, Zozo Zombie, Dino Girl Gauko and Twin Star Exorcists.
- Georgie Kidder as Keroppi: Georgie Kidder is known for Disney Junior’s Goldie & Bear, Nickelodeon’s The Loud House, and many more.
“Sanrio has always taken immense pride in its commitment to friendship, kindness and inclusivity, making the debut of the Hello Kitty and Friends Supercute Adventures animation series remarkably special during our 60th anniversary year,” said Jill Koch, Sr. Vice President of Sales and Business Development at Sanrio, Inc. “Now, our fans and viewers will be able to engage and relate with our characters more closely than ever. We can’t wait to share their sweet stories and see them come to life as never seen before.”
Shaene Siders serves as Head Writer and Story Editor for Hello Kitty and Friends Supercute Adventures. Her credits include Marvel’s Avengers Assemble, DC Super Hero Girls, the Emmy Award winning Niko and the Sword of Light, and Netflix’s Saint Seiya: Knights of the Zodiac.
“As a longtime fan of the brand, it’s an honor to give Hello Kitty a voice,” said Siders. “Each episode will take viewers through fun and magical adventures that are relevant to today’s audience while highlighting Sanrio’s lovable characters and their unique personalities. It’s a series my daughter and I will enjoy watching together.”
The writing team also includes Denise Downer (Puppy Dog Pals, Stillwater), Charlotte Fullerton (My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, Ben 10: Alien Force/Ultimate Alien/Omniverse), Kristen Humphrey and Merrill Hagan (Teen Titans Go!, Magic School Bus Rides Again), Randy Heeren (I Died Today: Touching the Gates), Kirk Kushin (Super Teen*Topia, Valt the Wonder Deer), Mairghread Scott (Star Wars: Resistance, Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors) and Matt Wayne (Samurai Rabbit: The Usagi Chronicles, Ben 10: Omniverse).
Hello Kitty and Friends Supercute Adventures is the first YouTube animated series developed for the U.S. audience that chronicles the adventures of Hello Kitty and her friends living and interacting in a shared universe. The first episode of the series is set to go live on the Hello Kitty and Friends YouTube channel on Monday, October 26 at 3:00 PM PST. Subscribe to be notified whenever a new episode is posted.