Atrocious serial killings on holidays in Gotham send The World’s Greatest Detective into action – confronting both organized crime and a mysterious murderer – in Batman: The Long Halloween, Part One, the next entry in the popular series of the DC Universe Movies. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, DC and Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, the feature-length animated film – which will be accompanied by the latest DC Showcase animated short, The Losers – is set for release on Digital and Blu-ray (SRP $29.98 US/$39.99 CAN) on June 22, and on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack with Part Two in 2022.
Inspired by the iconic mid-1990s DC story from Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale, Batman: The Long Halloween, Part One begins as a brutal murder on Halloween prompts Gotham’s young vigilante, the Batman, to form a pact with the city’s only two uncorrupt lawmen (Police Captain James Gordan and District Attorney Harvey Dent) in order to take down The Roman, head of the notorious and powerful Falcone Crime Family. But when more deaths occur on Thanksgiving and Christmas, it becomes clear that, instead of ordinary gang violence, they’re also dealing with a serial killer – the identity of whom, with each conflicting clue, grows harder to discern. Few cases have ever tested the wits of the World’s Greatest Detective like the mystery behind the Holiday Killer.
Lauded for his performance as Red Hood/Jason Todd in 2010’s Batman Under the Red Hood, Jensen Ackles (Supernatural, Smallville) returns to the DC Universe Movies as the title character of Batman/Bruce Wayne. The late Naya Rivera (Glee), who passed away in 2020, gives one of her final performances as Catwoman/Selina Kyle.
The all-star cast includes:
- Josh Duhamel (Transformers, Las Vegas) as Harvey Dent
- Billy Burke (Twilight, Revolution, Zoo) as James Gordon
- Titus Welliver (Bosch, Deadwood, The Town) as Carmine Falcone
- David Dastmalchian (The Suicide Squad, Ant-Man, Dune, The Dark Knight) as Calendar Man
- Troy Baker (The Last of Us, Batman: Arkham Knight) as Joker
- Amy Landecker (Your Honor, Transparent) as Barbara Gordon
- Julie Nathanson (Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, Suicide Squad: Hell To Pay) as Gilda Dent
- Jack Quaid (The Boys, The Hunger Games) as Alberto
- Fred Tatasciore (American Dad!, Family Guy) as Solomon Grundy
- Jim Pirri (World of Warcraft franchise) as Sal Maroni
- Alastair Duncan (The Batman, Batman Unlimited franchise) as Alfred
- Additional voices provided by Frances Callier, Greg Chun and Gary Leroi Gray.
Chris Palmer (Superman: Man of Tomorrow) directs from a screenplay by Tim Sheridan (Reign of the Supermen, Superman: Man of Tomorrow). Producers are Jim Krieg (Batman: Gotham by Gaslight) and Kimberly S. Moreau (Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles). Butch Lukic (Justice Society: World War II, Superman: Man of Tomorrow) is supervising producer. Executive producers are Michael Uslan and Sam Register.
Blu-ray & Digital special features:
- DC Showcase – The Losers (New Animated Short) – The legendary rag-tag team of World War II outcasts – Captain Storm, Johnny Cloud, “Mile-a Minute” Jones, rookie Gunner and Sarge – find themselves marooned on an uncharted island in the South Pacific that is completely overrun with dinosaurs! Their would-be ally on this deadly mission, the mysterious and beautiful Fan Long of the Chinese Security Agency, tells them their job is to rescue the scientists that have been sent to study the time/space anomaly. Perhaps… but what is her mission?
- A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe Movie – An advance look at the next animated film in the popular DC Universe Movies collection, Batman: The Long Halloween, Part Two.
- From the DC Vault – Batman: The Animated Series – “Christmas with the Joker” and “It’s Never too Late”