Fans of Hiccup, Toothless, Astrid and the rest of DreamWorks Animation’s colorful crew of vikings and dragons will get to enjoy the final movie chapter of their adventures earlier than expected. The previously announced How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World release will now arrive on Digital through Universal Pictures Home Entertainment on April 30, followed by the 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, DVD and On Demand versions on May 21.
Directed again by Dean DeBlois, the third and final film reunites the all-star voice cast Jay Baruchel, America Ferrera, Cate Blanchett, Gerard Butler, Kit Harington, Craig Ferguson, Kristen Wiig, Jonah Hill and Christopher Mintz-Plasse for an incredible new adventure which finds Toothless courting a lovely “Light Fury,” who leads them to the secret underwater realm of the dragons, while a terrible new threat posed by the evil Grimmel (F. Murray Abraham) looms.
To celebrate the release, Universal and Facebook / Messenger are debuting two exclusive, adorable baby Night Light dragons to train in a fun in-store AR experience through the popular Dragon Pets Instant Game.
- Alternate Opening with Intro by Writer/Director Dean DeBlois
- DreamWorks Shorts: Bilby – Directed by Liron Topaz, Pierre Perifel and JP Sans; produced by Jeff Hermann and Kelly Cooney Cilella. Threatened daily by the deadly residents and harsh environment of Australia’s Outback, a lonesome Bilby finds himself an unwitting protector, and unexpected friend, to a helpless (and quite adorable) baby bird.
- Bird Karma – Directed by William Salazar and produced by Jeff Hermann, the beautifully artistic 2D short film Bird Karma tells a delightfully lyrical and fully unexpected tale of a long-legged bird’s journey of blissful joy, inescapable greed and the accidental discovery of the consequences when too much is not enough.
- Deleted Scenes with Intros by Writer/Director Dean DeBlois
- How to Voice Your Viking – Go behind the scenes with the cast as they record the Viking voices of How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World.
- Creating an Epic Dragon Tale – Discover what filmmakers learned while crafting this epic dragon trilogy.
- How I Learned from Dragons – The diverse cast of characters reveal why they think the dragon trilogy is so special.
- Brave Wilderness Presents: Nature + Dragons = Awesome – Join Coyote Peterson, host of Brave Wilderness, as he explores what it takes to make the dragon’s characters come to life.
- The Dragon Sheep Chronicles – Protecting sheep from the dragons of Berk is no easy task but Hiccup has a plan.
- A Deck of Dragons – Observe four new dragons as Fishlegs unveils his original deck of dragon trading cards.
- Growing Up with Dragons – After years of being with these characters, hear the lasting effects of the dragon trilogy from the filmmaker’s perspective.
- The Evolving Character Design of Dragons – Cast and crew reveal what it was like to evolve not only the characters of How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World, but themselves as well.
- Drawing Dragons – Get a glimpse of what goes in to designing a DreamWorks dragon.
- Epic Villain – A different kind of villain, Grimmel brings great challenges to the village of Berk. Go behind the scenes as filmmakers breakdown this epic character.
- Astrid’s Whole Dragon Trilogy in 60 Seconds – Hold on tight as Astrid sums up the whole dragon trilogy in a legendary 60 seconds.
- Welcome to New Berk – With Hiccup as your guide, get a firsthand look at the updated Viking village of New Berk.
- Feature Commentary with Writer/Director Dean DeBlois, Producer Bradford Lewis and Head of Character Animation Simon Otto