It’s a wonderful week for fans of Disney TV’s Gravity Falls! Not only has Shout! Factory revealed the intriguing new bonus features for Gravity Falls: The Complete Series, but we also just got a hilarious retro-toon-commercial parody spot featuring series creator Alex Hirsch and everyone’s favorite gnome promoting the new graphic novel, Gravity Falls: Lost Legends. Both the home video release (Blu-ray & DVD) and book will be available to purchase on July 24.
Announced last month, Gravity Falls: The Complete Series on retail DVD will include audio commentary on all 40 episodes, but the real fun stuff is included in the Collectors Editions on DVD & Blu-ray:
- NEW Audio Commentaries on All 40 Episodes with Alex Hirsch and members of the cast and crew
- NEW “One Crazy Summer” – A Look Back at Gravity Falls With The Cast & Crew (1 hour 45 minutes) – interviews with Alex Hirsch, actors Jason Ritter and Kristen Schaal, director and storyboard artist Matt Braly, writers Jeff Rowe, Shion Takeuchi and Josh Weinstein, composer Brad Breeck and over a dozen additional members of the cast and crew
- NEW “The Hirsch Twins” – Alex & Ariel Hirsch Remember Their Own Summers Growing Up
- NEW Deleted Scenes — over an hour of never-before-seen content
- “Between the Pines” Behind-The-Scenes series finale special from Disney XD
- Shorts – interstitial programming between seasons 1 and 2
- Promos — commercial and other promo materials from the show’s run
- And More …?
Fans who order the Collector’s Edition Blu-ray directly from Shout! Factory will also receive a limited edition 18” x 24” lithograph with spankin’ new art (while supplies last) — 100 randomly selected pre-orders will get theirs signed by Hirsch!
True to the show’s enchanting blend of offbeat humor and adventurous fantasy, the “Tug-n’-Talk Shmebulock” promo is a wonderful callback to toy commercials of the ‘80s. The spot introduces the fictitious stuffed gnome inspired by the series character and features a surprise cameo by Hirsch — as an “Adult” no less!
The video posted to Oh My Disney is promoting the latest print entry in the canon, Gravity Falls: Lost Legends (Disney Press). Following last year’s release of nearly year-long New York Times bestseller Journal 3, this new, original graphic novel proffers four never-before-uttered tales from the sleepy Oregon town of Gravity Falls. Lost Legends is available for pre-order from major booksellers.