The latest title set to join the DC Universe Animated Original Movies lineup comes with a dense geek pedigree: Injustice, expected to hit home entertainment platforms this fall, takes inspiration from both the Injustice: Gods Among Us videogame from Netherrealm Studios and the best-selling DC comic-book series Injustice: Gods Among Us – Year One from writer Tom Taylor. Warner Bros. Animation is tooning up the tale, to be released by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.
The story of Injustice takes place on an alternate Earth, where the Joker has tricked Superman into killing Lois Lane — sending the Man of Steel into a rage-filled spiral. When the unhinged superhero sets his laser sight on taking over the world (for its own good), Batman and company set out to stop the rogue Kryptonian.
The voice cast will feature:
- Justin Hartley as Superman
- Anson Mount as Batman
- Laura Bailey as Lois Lane and Rama Kushna
- Zach Callison as Damian and Jimmy Olsen
- Brian T. Delaney as Green Lantern
- Brandon Michael Hall as Cyborg
- Edwin Hodge as Mr. Terrific and Killer Croc
- Oliver Hudson as Plastic Man
- Gillian Jacobs as Harley Quinn
- Yuri Lowenthal as Mirror Master, Flash and Shazam
- Derek Phillips as Nightwing and Aquaman
- Kevin Pollak as Joker and Jonathan Kent
- Anika Noni Rose as Catwoman
- Reid Scott as Green Arrow and Victor Zsasz
- Faran Tahir as Ra’s al Ghul
- Fred Tatasciore as Captain Atom
- Janet Varney as Wonder Woman
- Andrew Morgado as Mirror Master Soldier
Injustice is directed by Matt Peters (Justice League Dark) from a script by Ernie Altbacker (Batman: Hush), produced by Rick Morales (Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion’s Revenge) and Jim Krieg. Sam Register is exec producing.
[Source: The Hollywood Reporter]