Fans can experience one of the most brilliant live-action/animation hybrid titles ever put to celluloid at home like never before when Disney releases Who Framed Roger Rabbit on 4K Ultra HD this fall. Available in HDR picture quality that will have you seeing stars, with Dolby Atmos audio on December 7, the re-release will also be available as an Ultimate Collector’s Edition with limited edition SteelBook, available exclusively from Best Buy.
Synopsis: “This ain’t no cartoon, ya know!” It’s the hilarious cult classic combining rousing live-action and spectacular animation. 1947 Hollywood: Detective Eddie Valiant is hired to prove that mogul Marvin Acme is fooling around with femme fatale Jessica Rabbit, wife of cartoon superstar, Roger Rabbit. But when Acme is murdered … Roger is the prime suspect.
Directed by Robert Zemeckis with the celebrated Richard Williams (A Christmas Carol, Raggedy Ann & Andy, The Thief and the Cobbler) as animation director, the 1988 Touchstone release starred Bob Hoskins as Eddie Valiant, Christopher Lloyd as the scheming Judge Doom, and the voice talents of Charles Fleischer as Roger Rabbit (and other roles), Kathleen Turner as Jessica Rabbit (Amy Irving as her singing voice), Lou Hirsch (Baby Herman), June Foray (Wheezy, Lena Hyena), Joe Alaskey (Yosemite Sam), Wayne Allwine (Mickey Mouse), Tony Anselmo (Donald Duck), Tony Pope (Goofy, Big Bad Wolf), Mae Questel (reprising her classic Betty Boop role) and “The Man of a Thousand Voices” Mel Blanc in one of his final projects before his death in 1989 … to name a few.
Bonus features (may vary by retailer):
- Filmmakers’ Audio Commentary – View the film with Audio Commentary by filmmakers Bob Zemeckis, Frank Marshall, Steve Starkey, Jeff Price, Peter Seaman and Ken Ralston.
- The Roger Rabbit Shorts
- Tummy Trouble – The accident-prone Roger Rabbit faces new perils when he is left to baby-sit for the mischievous Baby Herman.
- Roller Coaster Rabbit – Mother takes Baby Herman to the State Fair, and leaves him with Roger Rabbit so she can visit the psychic (fortune-teller).
- Trail Mix-Up – Roger Rabbit returns in an all-new outdoor adventure that finds the irrepressible Toon star on a hilarious, disaster-filled camping trip.
- Deleted Scene
- The Pig Head Sequence – Judge Doom and the weasels teach Eddie Valiant a lesson in a way that only Toontown can. With intro by director Robert Zemeckis.
- Who Made Roger Rabbit – A behind-the-scenes making of, hosted by Charles Fleischer, the voice of Roger Rabbit.
- Before and After – Split screen comparison reveals the unbelievable talent of the live-action actors, animators and the special effects.
- Toon Stand-Ins – Watch as the cast rehearse with life size stand-ins for the toons.
- Behind the Ears: The True Story of Roger Rabbit – An in-depth, behind-the-scenes documentary.
- On Set! Benny the Cab – The making of a scene from the movie.