Take an animated tour of White House shenanigans this month when CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Media Distribution release Our Cartoon President: Season One with World Class Amenities on DVD, out December 18.
Executive produced by Emmy Award winner Stephen Colbert, his The Late Show with Stephen Colbert colleague Chris Licht and showrunner R.J. Fried (Triumph’s Election Watch 2016), the set includes all 18 episodes from the acclaimed Showtime original series, including “Election Special 2018.”
Our Cartoon President follows the truish misadventures of the 45th President of the United States as he faces natural disasters, the Russian collusion investigation and the temptation to nuke anyone who suggests he should eat a salad. In this parallel cartoon universe, the Commander-in-Chief opens the White House doors for an “all access” look at his day-to-day life. The satirical series examines the quintessentially Trumpian details of the presidency and those in his presidential circle, from wildly out of touch Democrats and members of the media to his puppy-brained sons Don Jr. and Eric. When you’re finished screaming, laugh about what America has become in the era of Our Cartoon President.
The series is produced by CBS Television Studios, with Tim Luecke — co-creator of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert version of the animated Trump — as lead animator and co-executive producer, and Matt Lappin as consulting producer.
DVD special features include:
- Introduction from Stephen Colbert
- Two different commentaries and video introduction to episode one, “State of the Union,” by directors Tim Luecke, Steve Conner, Mack Williams and Kirill Yeretsky
- Commentary and video introduction to ep. 15, “The Wall,” by writers/performers Jennifer F. Jackson, Gabriel Gundacker, Eliana Kwartler and Bob Powers
- Commentary and video introduction to ep. 18, “Election Special 2018,” by R.J. Fried, Zach Smilovitz and Mike Leech
- A look at the animation process in “The Evolution of Fear” introduced on-camera by the animation directors
- Table read with cast, producers and department heads for ep. 11, “Russia Investigation.”
- “2016 Election Special” clip, including video intro from co-creators Matt Lappin and Tim Luecke
- “Cartoon Trump” clip from The Late Show with Stephen Colbert with video intro by the voice of Cartoon Trump, Jeff Bergman
- “White House Correspondents’ Dinner” clip, including a video intro from exec producers Chris Licht and R.J. Fried
- Image gallery