How do you create a mind-blowing sequel to the Oscar-winning, No. 1 grossing animated feature of all time? Audiences are about to find out, if the new trailer for Disney’s Frozen II is any indication. The spot brings us along with Elsa, Anna and Kristoff (as well as Sven the reindeer and Olaf the snowman) as they part the magical veil over the Enchanted Forest, encounter its lost residents and unleash powerful forces. Elsa must learn to harness her magic to defeat rock giants, angry water horses and the temptations of her own power.
…Can I get a “Yes, Queen!”
The studio has also released a batch of stills, introducing new characters and voice cast (scroll down for more info).
Frozen II arrives in U.S. theaters November 22.
Newly revealed characters are:
- KING AGNARR – The son of King Runeard, King Agnarr is married to Queen Iduna, and is Anna and Elsa’s father. King Agnarr loves his family, and would do anything to ensure his daughters’ wellbeing and safety. Alfred Molina lends his voice to King Agnarr.
- YELANA – The unspoken leader of the nomadic Northuldra. She is fiercely protective of her family and community but is known to soften when people show an understanding of nature and their environment. Martha Plimpton was called on to bring Yelana to life.
- HONEYMAREN – A member of the Northuldra, Honeymaren is a true free spirit and wants nothing more than to bring peace to the enchanted forest. She is bold and brave, with a reverence for the magic of nature. Rachel Matthews provides the voice of Honeymaren.
- RYDER – Eager and fun, Honeymaren’s brother Ryder embraces life with optimism. Ryder’s love of reindeer might just rival Kristoff’s — but unlike Kristoff, Ryder has never roamed the great plains outside of the Enchanted Forest. He longs to embrace the world and venture beyond the magical mist. Jason Ritter lends his voice to Ryder.
- BRUNI – Curious and cute, this salamander inhabits the Enchanted Forest. Though shy at first, Bruni can’t help but be drawn to Elsa’s icy magic and enjoys the cool snowflake treats she creates.
Frozen II is directed by Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee, and produced by Peter Del Vecho. The voice cast features returning stars Kristen Bell, Idina Menzel, Josh Gad and Jonathan Groff, with previously announced newcomers Sterling K. Brown and Evan Rachel Wood, as well as the newly announced additions.
Synopsis: Why was Elsa born with magical powers? What truths about the past await Elsa as she ventures into the unknown to the enchanted forests and dark seas beyond Arendelle? The answers are calling her but also threatening her kingdom. Together with Anna, Kristoff, Olaf and Sven, she’ll face a dangerous but remarkable journey. In Frozen, Elsa feared her powers were too much for the world. In Frozen 2, she must hope they are enough.