More in Festivals & Events
Cannes: ‘Mia and Me: The Hero of Centopia’ Sparks a New Adventure for a Familiar HeroineBy Ramin Zahed
***This interview originally appeared in the May ’22 issue of Animation Magazine (No. 320)*** For the...
Festivals & Events
Quirino Awards Bestow Top Prizes on ‘Bob Spit,’ ‘Bestia’ & ‘Frankelda’
The Quirino Awards for Ibero-American Animation announced the winners of its 5th edition on Saturday, recognizing...
News Bytes: No Mo’ ‘M.O.D.O.K.’, ‘Dragon Ball’ Leads Toei Moneymakers, Oscar Dates & More
Jordan Blum and Patton Oswalt’s adult stop-mo comedy M.O.D.O.K. has been canceled by Hulu after one...
Festivals & Events
Hiroshima Animation Season Unveils First Official Selection
This August, the first edition of a new animation film festival Hiroshima Animation Season 2022 will...
- DNEG Scores Multiyear VFX Services Agreement with Netflixby Mercedes MilliganLeading technology-enabled visual effects and animation company DNEG has announced the signing of a new, multiyear services agreement with Netflix. The studio provides award-winning […]
- Exclusive: Disney Junior Welcomes Deaf Drum Wiz Fig to ‘Mickey Mouse Funhouse’by Mercedes MilliganThis weekend, young viewers were introduced to a special new friend of the Mickey Mouse Funhouse when “The Music of the Seasons” premiered on […]
- Tubi Snags Three Exclusive Movies from ‘Bob’s Burgers’ Studio Bento Boxby Animation MagazineIn Monday’s Upfronts, Fox announced that its ad-supported streamer Tubi is getting a trio of exclusive animated movies from its Bento Box Entertainment studio […]
- Netflix Lays Off 150 Employees, Eliminates 70 Animation Positions; DuVernay’s ‘Wings of Fire’ Canceledby Animation MagazineIn another round of layoffs in the wake of declining subscriber numbers and stock value, Netflix has laid off 150 employees accross the company […]
- ‘True and the Rainbow Kingdom’ Hits 1 Billion YouTube Viewsby Mercedes MilliganToronto-based children’s entertainment powerhouse Guru Studio announced today its hit preschool series True and the Rainbow Kingdom has crossed a billion views and over […]
- Superights Takes Ferly’s ‘Momolu and Friends’ Worldwideby Mercedes MilliganFinnish animation, publishing and licensing studio Ferly today announced that international distribution company Superights will act as global distributor for preschool series, Momolu and […]
- Studio 100, POP Family & Telegael Team for ‘Being Betty Flood’by Mercedes MilliganGermany’s Studio 100 Film (Maya the Bee – First Flight), Australia’s POP Family Entertainment (Alien TV) and Ireland’s Telegael jointly announce their partnership for […]