The VIEW Conference has announced its lineup of keynote addresses and programming for its 2015 edition, set for Oct. 19-23 in Turin, Italy.
The lineup features an impressive array of animation and visual-effects speakers and projects.
The keynotes include:
- Challenges of Adapting a Beloved Classic, with Mark Osborne, director, The Little Prince.
- Teaching the Camera to Listen, from Apocalypse Now to The Peanuts Movie, with Randy Thom, director of sound design, Skywalker Sound.
- Every Picture Tells a Story, with Jorge R. Gutierrez, director, The Book of Life.
- The Freedom and Challenges of Making Google Spotlight Stories’ On Ice, with Emmy-winning director Shannon Tindle.
- Sneak Peek at Kung Fu Panda 3, with co-director Alessandro Carloni.
- Avengers: Age of Ultron, Hulk, Vision and the Gang, with VFX supervisor Christopher Townsend.
Other presentations include:
- From Comic Strip to Feature Film: The Peanuts Movie, with Scott Carroll, supervising animator, Blue Sky Studios.
- Production Designing Hotel Transylvania 2, with production designer Michael Kurinsky.
- ILM – 40 Years of Creating the Impossible, with VFX supervisors Ben Snow, model shop supervisor Lorne Peterson and VFX supervisor Tim Alexander.
- The Park is Open: Journey to Jurassic World with Industrial Light & Magic, with animation supervisor Glen McIntosh and VFX supervisor Tim Alexander.
- Shaun the Sheep Movie: Telling a Story with No Dialogue, with Aardman creative director Richard Starzak and producer Paul Kewley.
- Illuminating Joy — The Lighting of Inside Out, with Kim White, director of photography at Pixar.
- Animating Home — Just Another Post-Apocalyptic, Alien Invasion, Buddy Road Movie, with Jason Reisig, head of character animation at DreamWorks.
- Visual Effects at LAIKA, with VFX supervisor Steve Emerson.
- Game On! The VFX Behind Pixels, with Sony Pictures Imageworks VFX supervisor Daniel Kramer.
- Night at the Museum: Secret of the Tomb, with Erik Nash, VFX Supervisor, MPC.
- The Spirit and Stories of PDI, with Glen Entis, computer animation and video game pioneer.
- Message in a Bottle: The Story of Telling Stories in Video Games, with Marco Mazzaglia, video game evangelist, T-Union.
- Women in Animation: 50/50 by 2025, with Jinko Gotoh, board member, WIA.
The full list of programming and details on attending the event can be found online at http://www.viewconference.it.