The VIEW Conference has announced the program for its 2014 edition, set for Oct. 14-18 in Turin, Italy.
This year’s event will feature the return of two-time Annie nominee, Kris Pearn, co-director of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2; Lucia Modesto, supervising character technical director at PDI/DreamWorks for Mr. Peabody and Sherman; David Schaub, animation supervisor at Sony Pictures Imageworks for The Amazing Spider-Man; and Brenda Bakker Harger, theater director, improviser, and professor at the entertainment technology center at Carnegie Mellon University.
New to the event this year is Rob Coleman, animation supervisor at Animal Logic for The LEGO Movie, former animation director at Industrial Light & Magic for the Star Wars Episodes I, II and III, two-time Oscar and BAFTA nominee, and three-time VES award nominee.
Keynoting the VIEW Conference are award-winning director, writer, producer and actor Tom McGrath from DreamWorks Animation, artist, inventor, author, entrepreneur and Pixar-co-founder Alvy Ray Smith, and award-winning legendary animator Glen Keane.
Also appearing from the world of animated films:
- Lighting supervisor and VES award winner Alessandro Jacomini from Disney Animation Studios will give a world premiere talk on Big Hero 6.
- Director and VES award nominee Patrick Osborne will speak about and present the Italian premiere of Disney Animation’s short film Feast.
- The European premiere presentation of Pixar’s new short, Lava, will be presented by Supervising Technical Director Bill Watra.
- Providing an early look at the 2016 Smurfs film are production designer Noëlle Triaureau and two-time Annie award nominee art director Marcelo Vignali from Sony Pictures Animation.
- Co-head of story at DreamWorks Animation and two-time Annie award nominee Alessandro Carloni will present How to Train Your Dragon 2.
- Supervising production designer, Emmy award winner and two-time Annie award nominee Nelson Lowry from Laika will introduce The Boxtrolls.
- Jerome Solomon, academic dean at Cogswell College and a SIGGRAPH national committee member, will show this year’s selections of the best in computer graphics from SIGGRAPH’s Electronic Theater.
- Industrial Light & Magic’s Scott Farrar will speak on Transformers 4, for which he was visual effects supervisor and second unit director.
- VFX supervisor Keith Miller from Weta Digital will present work from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
- VFX supervisor Kyle McCulloch will talk about Framestore’s work on Guardians of the Galaxy.
- Animation supervisor Tim Harrington will talk about Industrial Light & Magic’s work on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- Visual effects supervisor Stefen Fangmeier and Merzin Tavaria, chief creative director at Prime Focus World, will present the visual effects in Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.
For more information and online registration, visit www.viewconference.it.