Van Eaton Galleries will host the largest Disneyland and Walt Disney World auction – “A History of Disneyland & Walt Disney World” this weekend (Dec. 7, 8) beginning at 10 a.m. each day. The collection includes over 1,500 rare items which trace the history of the iconic theme parks and Walt Disney’s vision from inception to present day. It is the single largest Disney-related auction Van Eaton Galleries has hosted to date. Many of the items are coming to auction for the very first time. Up for grabs will be some of the earliest documents and conceptual pieces marking the very inception of Disneyland and Walt Disney World, to the extraordinary theme park props, ride vehicles, audio-animatronic figures, hand-painted attraction pieces, very rare early documents, remarkable memorabilia, signs, and more.
Highlights include an extremely rare studio file copy of Walt Disney’s first pitch documents for financing Disneyland park. It includes some of Walt Disney’s earliest descriptions of what Disneyland would be, as well as a hand-colored map that showed what his park might look like. These are considered by many to be the “Holy Grails” of Disneyland memorabilia (Estimate: $10,000-$20,000).
- Two original animatronic “Tiki Birds” from the “Enchanted Tiki Room” at Walt Disney World. The birds retain all their original mechanics and are actually functional, singing and moving along to the Enchanted Tiki Room Theme Song (Estimate $80,000-$100,000)
- A 1954 Disneyland Plot Plan (Estimate: $8,000-$10,000).
- A collection of early construction slides by Marvin Davis (Estimate: $600-$800).
- Original hand-painted “Stretch Paintings” from the Haunted Mansions at Disneyland and Walt Disney World (Estimate $100,000-$150,000).
- An original Space Mountain Ride Vehicle from Disneyland (Estimate $20,000-$30,000).
- Original Attraction Posters from Disneyland and Walt Disney World including a rare park-used “People Mover SuperSpeed Tunnel” poster (Estimate $25,000-$30,000).
- A General Electric Progressland Architectural Model 1964 (Estimate: $10,000-$15,000).
- a Walt Disney Signed Disneyland Opening Day Guidebook (Estimate $7,000-$9,000).
- a Skyway 1959 Lamppost Attractions sign (Estimate: $3,000-$5,000); a park used Disneyland Hotel Attraction poster (Estimate: $3,000-$5,000).
- Original Charles Boyer 200 millionth guest painting (Estimate: $2,000-$3,000), and hundreds of other items.
Van Eaton Galleries is located at 13613 Ventura Blvd, Sherman Oaks, Calif. 91423
For more information or to order a collectible catalog visit www.vegalleries.com/decemberauction
To register to bid in the auction go to www.vegalleries.com/decemberauction