Get ready to get your geek on: Netflix Geeked, the streamer’s home for all things genre entertainment, is gearing up for its second annual Geeked Week. The 2022 edition will once again be a celebration of all the sci-fi, horror, video game-inspired stories and more across its live-action, animation and anime series and films.
The free five-day virtual event will be held June 6-10 across all major platforms, including YouTube, Twitter, TikTok and Facebook. The Geeked Week feed will also be open for co-streaming via Twitch so that fans and fellow Geeks can get in on the action.
Among the projects being highlighted in the Animation focus include:
- The upcoming 10-episode standalone series Cyberpunk: Edgerunners, created by game studio CD PROJEKT RED (Cyberpunk 2077, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt) and animated by Japan’s Studio TRIGGER.
- Horror anime Exception, from writer Hirotaka Adachi (a.k.a. Otsuichi) with character designs by Yoshitaka Amano (Final Fantasy). Directed by Yūzō Satō, produced by Bakken Record and 5 Inc.
- Farzar, a 10-episode sci-fi comedy from Roger Black and Waco O’Guin (Paradise PD), animated by Bento Box.
- Plus fan-favorite series Love, Death + Robots, The Dragon Prince, Arcane and Inside Job, and new project Moonrise.
The feature films section will spotlight Chris Williams’ The Sea Beast and punky, spooky, stop-mo flick Wendell & Wild — the long awaited return of director Henry Selick (Coraline, The Nightmare Before Christmas)
More animated excitement awaits in the Games lineup, with spotlights on The Cuphead Show!, Sonic Prime, Dota: Dragon’s Blood and Tekken: Bloodline as well as looks at 10+ Netflix Games.
Of course, every day promises lots of exciting revelations about Netflix genre series, films and games, including exclusive teaser and trailer premieres, sneak peeks, surprise announcements, never-before-seen footage, cast interviews, script table reads and much more, covering more than 60 Netflix projects — including a whole day dedicated to Stranger Things!
- Monday, June 6 | Starts at 9 a.m. PT —Series
- Tuesday, June 7 | 9 a.m. PT — Film
- Wednesday, June 8 | 4 p.m. PT — Animation
- Thursday, June 9 | 9 a.m. PT — Stranger Things
- Friday, June 10 | 9 a.m. — Games
Fans can expect cast and creatives from some of their favorite and most eagerly awaited titles to drop by (TBA), and a crack squad of engaging hosts will be doling out the announcements and big reveals, including including Jacob Bertrand, Megan Cruz (a.k.a. jstoobs), Jaeden Martell, Reece Feldman (guywithamoviecamera), Juju Green (Straw_Hat_Goofy). Ella Purnell, Tiffany Smith, Felicia Day, B Dave Walters, Geoff Keighley and Mari Takahashi.
Those who can’t tune into the live vcyirtual events can catch up via Netflix Newsroom and rewatch the day’s programming on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter. Netflix’s companion site, Tudum.com, will also be sharing bonus content from each day’s highlights.