The 7th World Animation and VFX Summit got off to a festive start Sunday night with a gorgeous gala honoring the 2019 Hall of Fame Game Changer award winners. Held at North Hollywood hotel The Garland, right in the heart of “Toon Town,” the inspiring — and, most importantly, fun! — ceremony and cocktail reception sponsored by Nickelodeon preceded two days of panels, networking opportunities and screenings during the 2019 Summit.
This year’s Hall of Fame Game Changer honorees are:
- Jill Culton, writer and director of DreamWorks/Pearl’s Abominable
Award presented by producer Suzanne Buirgy (Abominable)
- Sergio Pablos, writer and director of SPA and Netflix feature Klaus
Award presented by Melissa Cobb, VP of Original Animation, Netflix
- Adina Pitt, Cartoon Network’s VP of acquisitions and co-productions
Award presented by Rob Sorcher, global chief content officer, Cartoon Network
- SpongeBob SquarePants, Nickelodeon’s blockbuster animated hit
Award presented to Bill Faggerback (voice of Patrick) by Kelley Gardner, exec of current series, Nickelodeon
- Marlon West, head of effects animation, Frozen II
Award presented by veteran director, producer and animator Bruce W. Smith (The Proud Family)
- Mike Young, veteran animation producer and Splash Entertainment and Kabillion co-founder/partner
Award presented by Sarah Finn; exec director, production, Disney TV Animation
Learn more at www.animationmagazine.net/summit.