South by Southwest has announced the lineup of films for its 2015 edition, including selections for the animated short film category.
Set for March 13-21 in Austin, Texas, the film fest’s animated shorts lineup is:
- All Your Favorite Shows! Director: Danny Madden. Anything you wanna watch in the palm of your hands! Crazy convenient. Crazy … . (World premiere.)
- Bottom Feeders. Director: Matt Reynolds. A hand-drawn animation documenting a parasitic reproductive cycle. (World premiere.)
- Butter Ya’Self. Director: Julian Petschek. A banana and a hot dog bun are famous.
- Half Wet (U.K.). Director: Sophie Koko Gate. We are all born as wet as a banana, 75 percent water.
- LAVA. Director: James Ford Murphy. Inspired by the isolated beauty of tropical islands and the explosive allure of ocean volcanoes, LAVA is a musical love story that takes place over millions of years.
- PALM ROT. Director: Ryan Gillis. An old crop-duster discovers a mysterious crate floating in the Florida Everglades. Bringing the crate onto his airboat is just the first in a series of decisions he learns to regret.
- Pig. Director: Steven Subotnick. The pig is everything. (North American premiere.)
- Roadtrip (Germany). Director: Xaver Xylophon. Julius can’t sleep. To get his head empty he decides to go on a road trip, but somehow he can’t manage to leave. A hand-drawn film about failure, insomnia, a red motorbike, pretty bargirls, the desolateness of Berlin and waterproof socks.
- teeth (U.K./Hungary/U.S.). Directors: Daniel Gray, Tom Brown. The point of no return cannot be crossed twice.
- whole (Denmark). Director: William Reynish. whole is a film about heartache. (U.S. premiere.)
- World of Tomorrow. Director: Don Hertzfeldt. A little girl is taken on a mind-bending tour of her distant future.
More information on schedules and tickets can be found online at sxsw.com.