The nominees for the Animated Com Award at the Stuttgart Festival of Animated Film 2015 have been selected.
The jury has chosen 50 films from 141 submitted international productions for this year’s shortlist of the Animated Com Award.
Ten of them were nominated for the three prize categories. Since 2011, the festival has presented the Animated Com Award, with prizes for applied animation in the categories of advertising, spatial communication and technology.
The award ceremony will take place as a gala event at the Mercedes-Benz Museum in Stuttgart on May 8.
Here are the nominees:
- Nike Mercurial Superfly IV; Manvsmachine, Great Britain 2014
- Fruitsnacks – Claw Machine; Buck, Saatchi & Saatchi, USA 2014
- League of Legends ; Arnaud & Jérôme, Passion Pictures, France 2013
- Sauza 901; Adam Perry, Strange Beast, Great Britain 2014
- France 3 Idents; Nicolas Deveaux, Cube Creative Productions, France 2014
Category Spatial Communication
- Smart Ampelmännchen; Marten Persiel, Bigfish, Germany 2014
- TING – Technology and Democracy; Marc Tamschick, Tamschick Media + Space GmbH, Germany 2014
- Ghost Peloton; Mark Huskisson, NVA, Great Britain 2014
- Assassin’s Creed Unity: Arno Master; István Zorkóczy, Digic Pictures, Hungary 2014
- Casio: G-Shock‚ Test Field ; Alexej Tylevich, Logan TV, USA 2013
Nominees Special Award “Future needs Derivation – Mobility in a Digital World” by Daimler AG
- Driving; Nate Theis, USA 2014
- Ride Away; Clémence Bouchereau, France 2014
- VRP ; Hugo Leygnac, Olivier Lafay, Arthur Philippe, Marie Dossetto, Valentin Moriceau, France 2014
Nominees Special Award “Lapp Connected Award“ by U. I. Lapp GmbH
- 9:30 AM; Alfonso de la Cruz, Mexico 2014
- Pass It On ; Teresa Cruz, Portugal 2014
- Sumsing ; Martin Rahmlow, Germany 2014
- The Wires ; Tatjana Moshkova, Marina Moshkova, Russia 2014
The jury of the Animated Com Award consists of experts from the animation and advertising industries: Martin Feyock, CEO of the advertising section for the board of German Producers Alliance – Film & Television, CEO of Exploitation Company TWF Trust Company and the German Academy of Advertisement; Thomas Hundt, CEO Jangled Nerves; Kathi Kaeppel, Creative Director, Animation Artist, Illustrator; Michael Preiswerk, Creative Director, Consultant; Florian Rederer, CEO SCHOKOLADE Filmproduktion GmbH; and Mate Steinforth, CEO Sehsucht Berlin.
The shortlist program of the Animated Com Award will be shown on May 7, in the Gloria 2 cinema, Stuttgart.