This Labor Day weekend, anime powerhouse Crunchyroll will host the third annual Crunchyroll Expo in San Jose, which will feature a huge slate of panels, premieres, guests, performances and more. This year, fans are invited to take a trip and explore Crunchyroll Expo’s New Crunchy City, an interactive take on a convention that will transport attendees to a place where anime and Japanese pop culture come to life. Among the various panels and screenings featured at the 2019 edition of the event are:
- Junji Ito’s first-ever U.S. convention appearance, along with an exclusive streetwear line featuring artwork by the famous horror artist and a gallery of his creations.
- A great lineup of guests including creators and voice actors from The Rising of the Shield Hero, Mob Psycho 100, Zombie Land Saga and Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma, along with 22/7 (nanabun no nijyuuni), Miho Okasaki (“That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime) and Ryo Horikawa (Dragon Ball Z).
- World and U.S. premieres, including BLACKFOX a Crunchyroll co-production, the OVA for “Mob Psycho 100 II,” the new series Somali and the Forest Spirit and more.
- Screenings of beloved anime films, including a double feature presented by Toei Animation of Dragon Ball Z: Bardock – The Father of Goku and Dragon Ball Z: Fusion Reborn.
- Musical performances from FLOW, MADKID, TeddyLoid, and others.
- A Crunchyroll Games demo station with playable previews of Mob Psycho 100: Psychic Battle, Attack on Titan TACTICS, Fans can also experience the latest with RWBY: Crystal Match and Grand Summoners
- To explore New Crunchy City, an interactive metropolis that invites visitors to immerse themselves in the world of anime through experiences including a Crunchyroll-Hime Cafe, Artist Alley Festival, the New Crunchy City Nightclub, and more.
- Great panels including a “Zombie Land Saga” conversation with MAPPA creators and voice actors, a demonstration with character designer Terumi Nishii, a conversation with horror artist Junji Ito on anime’s best cats, industry panels from Crunchyroll and Crunchyroll Games, and much more!
Additional guests and events to be announced on a rolling basis.
The event will take place at the San Jose McEntry Convention Center (150 W San Carlos St, San Jose, CA 95113) Friday Aug. 30th thru Sunday Sept. 1st.”
Expo tickets can be purchased at https://crx2019.attendease.com