The Hollywood Section of SMPTE and the Visual Effects Society will conduct June 22 a joint meeting to examine the rapidly evolving field of augmented reality.
An overview of the AR landscape and the technologies driving it will be discussed by a panel that includes:
• Ed Lantz, president and chief technology officer at VORTEX Immersion Media Inc.
• Theo Skye, founding partner and chief innovation officer at The Visory
• Eddie Offerman, VR/AR researcher and pipeline architect at Mirada Studios
• Ralph Barbagallo, founder of FLARB LLC
• Greg Berkin, managing director at Concours Ventures
The event begins at 5:30 p.m. and includes a demo area opening at 6:30 p.m., all located at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, Linwood Dunn Theater, 1313 Vine St., Los Angeles, CA 90028. Free parking is available behind the building.