The Producers Guild of America held its 29th annual Producers Guild Awards on Saturday night, bestowing the prestigious Darryl F. Zanuck Award for Outstanding Producer of Theatrical Motion Pictures on Guillermo del Toro and J. Miles Dale for The Shape of Water — boosting the picture’s odds of Oscar gold as the Zanuck and Best Picture winners have matched 19 out of 28 times in previous years. In the Animated Theatrical Motion Picture category, Coco and producer Darla K. Anderson earned the seventh win for Pixar in the category, inaugurated for the 2005 film season.
Other the big TV category winners included Hulu’s The Handmaid’s Tale season 1 (Norman Felton Award for Outstanding Producer of Episodic Television, Drama); Amazon’s The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel season 1 (Danny Thomas Award for Outstanding Producer of Episodic Television, Comedy), and Black Mirror season 4 (David L. Wolper Award for Outstanding Producer of Long-Form Television).
Held at the Beverly Hilton in Los Angeles, the 29th PGAs were presented by Cadillac.
Outstanding Producer of Animated Theatrical Motion Pictures:
- Ramsey Naito (The Boss Baby) Fox/DreamWorks
- WINNER: Darla K. Anderson (Coco) Disney/Pixar
- Chris Meledandri, Janet Healy (Despicable Me 3) Universal/Illumination
- Lori Forte, Bruce Anderson (Ferdinand) Fox/Blue Sky
- Dan Lin, Phil Lord, Chris Miller (The LEGO Batman Movie) Warner Bros.
Outstanding Children’s Program:
- Doc McStuffins (Season 4)
- Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards 2017
- School of Rock (Season 3)
- WINNER: Sesame Street (Season 47)
- SpongeBob SquarePants (Season 10, Season 11)