During Comic-Con@Home this weekend, WarnerMedia’s pioneering media and entertainment company Rooster Teeth revealed exclusive footage from their slate of upcoming animated series including RWBY Volume 8, Transformers: War for Cybertron, Red vs Blue: Zero and Recorded by Arizal.
Rooster Teeth hosts Barbara Dunkelman (voice of Yang Xiao Long in RWBY), Kerry Shawcross (director of RWBY), Yssa Badiola (creator of Recorded by Arizal), Fiona Nova (voice of Agent One in Red vs. Blue: Zero, cast member of Achievement Hunter), Torrian Crawford (showrunner for Red vs. Blue: Zero) and special guest F.J. DeSanto (showrunner and executive producer for Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy) chatted, answered fan-submitted questions and revealed details on their popular shows. You can view the panel here.
Here is a roundup of announcements from the Rooster Teeth virtual panel:
- Red vs. Blue: Zero will premiere this fall and star Achievement Hunter member Fiona Nova in the lead role of Agent One. Red vs. Blue: Zero is written and directed by first time showrunner Torrian Crawford (Death Battle). In the series, a mysterious syndicate leader known only as Zero seeks an Ultimate Power, and a ragtag team of heroes and misfits called SHATTER SQUAD must work together to save the galaxy. During the panel, Torrian premiered a teaser that previewed the series and revealed a behind-the-scenes look at the production.
- Recorded by Arizal follows Arizal, a smart, inquisitive teenage girl on the brink of adulthood and in pursuit of her dream career: to become a Record Keeper. The 2D animated series is helmed by Rooster Teeth Animation Director Yssa Badiola. The series premiered on July 13 and runs until August 3. During the panel, Badiola revealed an exclusive clip.
- Transformers: War for Cybertron Trilogy will premiere on Netflix on July 30. On their dying planet, the Autobots and Decepticons battle for control of the AllSpark in the Transformers universe’s origin story. Showrunner and executive producer J. DeSanto joined the panel to talk about the series and his experience working with Rooster Teeth Studios on the production. He premiered a first look featuring Rooster Teeth voice actor Miles Luna as fan-favorite Cliff Jumper.
- Despite the pandemic, RWBY Volume 8 continues production from home and is premiering later this year. In Volume 8, our heroes’ worst fears have finally been realized: Salem is here, and the timing couldn’t be worse for the divided Kingdom of Atlas. Fear has turned friends into enemies, while doubt threatens to splinter humanity’s remaining allies. With both Salem and Ironwood stacking the odds against them, and the fate of Remnant at stake, it’s up to team RWBY to make their play before it’s too late. Series director Kerry Shawcross and Barbara Dunkelman, voice of Yang Xiao Long, talked through the upcoming Volume and premiered a first look clip. Other RWBY announcements:
- Collaboration with artist Babs Tarr to release a limited collection of RWBY merch available later this year.
- RWBY Volume 7 soundtrack launches on July 31 on all streaming platforms and will be available for purchase on iTunes, Google Play and Amazon.
- Good Smile Company and Rooster Teeth are partnering to release a collection of RWBY Pop Up Parade collectibles beginning with a Ruby figure. Pre-orders are available starting August 3 at www.goodsmileus.com.