Event organizers have made some key changes to the plans for Reed Exhibitions’ (Reed MIDEM) fall content markets in Cannes, per a statement issued by MIPCOM & MIPJunior Director Lucy Smith.
“For many of us, MIPCOM 2021 will be the first international TV trade market we attend live in nearly 18 months and we want to make sure everyone who wants to be there, can be there,” Smith wrote. “We are responding to the unique challenges of planning for a major exhibition in the current circumstances, with the end goal of ensuring a flexible and vibrant marketplace for everyone participating in Cannes this October.”
Noteworthy updates to the event plans include:
- MIPJunior will take place during MIPCOM (Oct. 11-14) in the Palais des Festivals, rather than its traditional run the weekend before.
- MIPJunior conferences and networking take place in a dedicated Palais location, while the youth-skewing Screenings Library will be integrated into the Digital MIPCOM platform.
- Participation in MIPJunior is included in MIPCOM registration this year.
- New show floor plan with streamlined exhibition footprint. Stand holders are permitted to change the size of the stand if needed, and the event is offering help with decoration solutions for a variety of needs and budgets.
- Riviera 8 Hall will now be a multi-purpose venue for events such as the MIPCOM Opening Party, Women in Global Entertainment Lunch, conference formats and networking lounge.
- New Digital MIPCOM extension will function as a networking, discovery, marketing and lead generation platform for use by Cannes in-person visitors and virtual attendees around the world. Includes MIPJunior Screenings Library.
- Safety protocols: MIPCOM, Reed Exhibitions and the City of Cannes are working together on a coherent, comprehensive set of measures to mitigate the risks of COVID-19 transmission. Track updates here.
mipcom.com | mipjunior.com