Paramount+ will boldly go where few Star Trek events have ever gone before. The streamer is inviting fans from around the world to join in a special live-streamed celebration of “Star Trek Day” on Wednesday, Sept. 8 at 5:30 PM, PT/8:30 PM, ET. Held live from the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles, the event will be hosted by Wil Wheaton and Mica Burton and it will feature back-to-back in-person conversations with cast members and creative minds from the Star Trek Universe, legacy moments with iconic cast” as well as surprise appearances and announcements throughout the entire event.
The global live-streamed event will feature over two hours of free live-streamed panels and programming that will see the reunion of “iconic cast members and creative minds from 10 Star Trek television series”, as they come together in person to celebrate 55 years of Star Trek.
Jeff Russo, the composer of the main themes for Star Trek: Discovery and Star Trek: Picard, will be at the helm of the Star Trek Day stage with a live orchestra, performing Star Trek music throughout the evening.
The following panels will include the casts and creatives from iconic “Star Trek” television series:
- Star Trek: Prodigy, with series voice cast including Brett Gray and Dee Bradley Baker, along with executive producers Kevin and Dan Hageman and co-executive producer/director, Ben Hibon.
- Star Trek: Discovery, with series stars Wilson Cruz, Blu del Barrio and Ian Alexander and co-showrunner and executive producer Michelle Paradise.
- Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, with series stars Anson Mount, Rebecca Romijn and Ethan Peck, who will be joined by co-showrunners and executive producers Akiva Goldsman and Henry Alonso Myers.
- Star Trek: Lower Decks, with voice cast members Noël Wells and Eugene Cordero alongside series creator, showrunner and executive producer Mike McMahan.
- Star Trek: Picard, with series stars Patrick Stewart and Jeri Ryan, co-showrunner and executive producer Akiva Goldsman and a special live performance from Isa Briones, singing “Blue Skies,” which was featured in the Picard season one finale.
- Roddenberry Legacy Panel, featuring a conversation with Gene Roddenberry’s son and the CEO of Roddenberry Entertainment, Rod Roddenberry, alongside Gates McFadden (Star Trek: The Next Generation), LeVar Burton (Star Trek: The Next Generation) and George Takei (Star Trek: The Original Series), as they discuss the Star Trek creator’s indelible impact on science fiction and culture.
The “legacy moments” will feature the following iconic Star Trek cast members:
- Cirroc Lofton from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- Anthony Montgomery from Star Trek: Enterprise
- Garrett Wang from Star Trek: Voyager
- George Takei from Star Trek: The Original Series
- LeVar Burton from Star Trek: The Next Generation
On September 8, the #StarTrekUnitedGives campaign will also return and fans will also be able to use the code “STARTREKDAY20” for 20% off of merchandise on StarTrek.com. More information on the programming and initiatives for Star Trek Day can be found on the event’s website.
Here’s the big event trailer: