Nickelodeon and its library programming block The Splat are opening the vaults for a slime-tastic, immersive experience at Comic-Con International in San Diego (July 21-14). Based out of its 1,800 sq. ft. convention floor booth (#4113), Nickelodeon will pay tribute to some of its most iconic series with activities, games, panels, talent signings and interactive elements inspired by Hey Arnold!, Rugrats, Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, CatDog, Rocko’s Modern Life, Invader Zim, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Double Dare and more.
(Oh, and The Splat will celebrate 25 years of NickToons with brand-new commentary and behind-the-scenes info from voice talent and series creators, themed programming and encore airings of Ren & Stimpy, Rugrats and Doug every night throughout August!)
Happy Happy! Joy Joy!: 25 Years of Nickelodeon Original Animation
Thursday, July 21, 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m. (Room: 6A) – For 25 years Nickelodeon has produced some of the most innovative and memorable animation in the history of television. Nick Animation Podcast host Hector Navarro finds out how and why four of the network’s most influential creators did what they did: Craig Bartlett (Hey Arnold!), Jhonen Vasquez (Invader Zim), Butch Hartman (The Fairly OddParents, Danny Phantom) and Arlene Klasky, who along with Gabor Csupo and Paul Germain, created Rugrats. Don’t miss the chance to see production art from the upcoming TV movie Hey Arnold!: The Jungle Movie; animation from Hartman’s new Bunsen is a Beast!; and the world premiere of Don vs Raph, a TMNT animated short written and produced by Jhonen Vasquez.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles–Return to New York
Friday, July 22, 11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m. (Room: 6A) – Executive producers Ciro Nieli and Brandon Auman share sneak peeks of the epic adventures and new characters that await the Turtles when they return to the streets of NY in season four. On hand will be voice actors Rob Paulsen (Donatello), Greg Cipes (Michelangelo), Gwendoline Yeo (Shinigami) and Eric Bauza (Tiger Claw). Also, witness the world premiere of two never-before-seen TMNT animated shorts presented by co-creator, Kevin Eastman. The panel will be moderated by Andre Meadows (Black Nerd Comedy).
She Made That?: Nickelodeon hosts Women in Animation
Friday, July 22, 6:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. (Room: 24ABC) – Join innovative and pioneering female cartoon creators for a discussion on their careers and the opportunities for women in animation today. Panelists include Lauren Faust (My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic), Mary Harrington (Invader Zim, Hey Arnold!), Vanessa Coffey (The Ren & Stimpy Show, Rugrats), Rikke Asbjoern (Pinky Malinky), Margaret Dean (Women in Animation) and Maija Burnett (California Institute of the Arts).
Back to the ‘90s: Nickelodeon’s All That Reunion and Legends of the Hidden Temple!
Saturday, July 23, 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m. (Room: 6A) – Join The Splat for a reunion of the trailblazing sketch comedy series’ major players, Josh Server, Danny Tamberelli, Lori Beth Denberg and Kel Mitchell. Plus, get the first look at Nick’s new TV movie based on Legends of the Hidden Temple and hear about it from returning cast members Kirk Fogg and Dee Bradley Baker, along with Isabela Moner (Transformers 5). The panel will be moderated by Entertainment Weekly staff writer, Marc Snetiker.
DAILY BOOTH ACTIVITY:
- Legends of the Hidden Temple Virtual Reality 360-Degree Experience: Visitors can enter the world of the upcoming action-adventure TV movie inspired by the iconic game show, and experience the mysterious Mayan temple first-hand.
- Olmec Photo Opp/Trivia: Fans can interact with Legends of the Hidden Temple’s King Olmec and test their knowledge by answering trivia questions for the opportunity to win prizes.
- Hey Arnold! Stoop and Double Dare Nose Photo Opps
- Costumed-Character Appearances: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Rugrats, SpongeBob SquarePants, Fairly OddParents, Arnold and Saban’s Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and Power Rangers Dino Super Charge (select times)
- Autograph Signings: Cast members from All That, voice of SpongeBob Tom Kenny, TMNT voice talent, Kirk Fogg from Legends of the Hidden Temple and more TBA.
- Retail: Comic-Con exclusive figures, t-shirts and more.