The annual MIPTV market, taking place at the Palais des Festivals in Cannes, France from March 30 to April 2, will offer attendees a chance to discover the latest lights in children’s content in a dedicated kids’ content program. Highlights include a Kids Series Pitch of promising animated and live-action series for all ages, trends showcases and matchmaking sessions to create new, relevant business connections.
The MIPTV Kids Series Pitch will present five finalists, to be judged by Jury members Vicky Schroderus (Acquisition Executive, YLE), Manman Chen (Founding Partner & COO, WeKids), Luiz Filipe Figueira (Head of Kids’ Programming & Content Strategy, Globo | Gloob) and Zia Bales (Snr. Acquisitions Manager, Kids EMEA, WarnerMedia):
- Bear & Salmon (Like A Photon Creative; Australia) Animation | 52 x 7’ | Preschool | Bear & Salmon answers life’s big questions from the perspective of little people as two best friends discover the magical world around them.
- Deadhead (412 Entertainment; Australia) Live Action | 10 x 30’ | Tweens & Teens | No Adults. No Rules. No Cure. It’s time to fix the mess their parents made…
- Pop Paper City (LoveLove Films; U.K.) Animation | 52 x 7’ | Preschool | A group of unique paper characters get crafty and create adventures together in a captivating paper world.
- Sullivan Sails (Distillery Films; Ireland) Animation | 39 x 7’ | Kids | A six-year-old explorer and his best friend, a talking navy-admiral fox, travel the natural world in search of adventure, knowledge and fun.
- TEN (Neue Bioskop Film; Germany) Live Action | 13 x 30’ | Tweens & Teens | Ten teenagers, no adults, no school — but an island with magical powers. It could be so nice if only the price wasn’t so damn high.
This year’s conferences and events address What’s Next, What’s Trending and a networking opportunity to (Re)Connect at MIPTV. Those in the business of entertaining young audiences won’t want to miss an exclusive edition of The Wit, screening the newest kids’ content from around the world in Fresh TV Kids. Plus, the Kids Content Producer Showcase is a chance to discover new potential partners in a series of interviews where seasoned producers share their development and production slate.
MIPTV’s new Matching Sessions offer a simple way to fast-track your networking and form new alliances across 20 thematic sessions. Topics include feature film distribution; kids’ content production in North America, Asia or Africa; family content production; young adult content; and Meet the Kids Emmy Nominees.
And of course, look for the April issue of Animation Magazine!
Regular registration is now open at www.miptv.com/en/visit through Feb. 29, Last Days registration open thereafter until April 2.