Humanitas has announced the nominees for the 2022 Humanitas Prizes. Forty-five writers have been nominated for their work across nine juried categories, with winners to be announced live at an in-person awards luncheon at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on September 9, after a two year hiatus.
Categories with animation nominees below; see the full list at humanitasprize.org. Additional honoree, host and Web Series nominee announcements are forthcoming.
- El Deafo (Apple TV+) – Written by Cece Bell and Will McRobb
- Karma’s World “Hair Comes Trouble” (Netflix) – Written by Kellie R. Griffin and Halcyon Person
- Snoopy Presents: To Mom (and Dad), with Love (Apple TV+) – Written by Alex Galatis
- The Babysitters Club “Claudia and the Sad Goodbye” – Written by Sascha Rothchild
Family Feature Film
- 8-Bit Christmas – Written by Kevin Jakubowski
- Cinderella – Written by Kay Cannon
- Encanto (Disney Animation) – Written by Charise Castro Smith & Jared Bush
- Spin – Written by Carley Steiner and Josh A. Cagan
- Far from the Tree (Disney Animation)- Written by Natalie Nourigat
- Girls Are Strong Here – Written by Scott Burkhardt
- Leap – Written by Margaret Nagle
- Nona (Pixar SparkShorts) – Written by Louis Gonzales
The Humanitas Prizes are awarded to honor film and television writers whose work explores the human condition in a nuanced, meaningful way. Prizes are presented at an annual event in Beverly Hills, Calif., where winners receive a trophy and a cash prize.