D23, the official Disney fan club, has announced a series of fan-oriented events celebrating new and classic release at locations across the country through 2015.
New experiences include: An advance screening of Walt Disney Studios’ upcoming release Cinderella, followed by a reception exclusively for D23 Gold Members. The event will take place following The Walt Disney Company 2015 Annual Meeting of Shareholders at the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco. (Members do not need to be shareholders to attend the screening.)
There also will be events on the Disney studio lot in Burbank, with a recent screening of 101 Dalmatians followed by a panel panel featuring Disney Legend and animator Floyd Norman, Lisa Davis (voice of Anita), and Mimi Gibson (Lucky). Other experiences on the Studio lot in 2015 will include The Parent Trap and a special 75th anniversary celebration of Pinocchio.
Also back by popular demand is the Lunch with a Legend program. Previous events have included Marty Sklar, Floyd Norman, and Bill Farmer for private luncheons on The Walt Disney Studios lot. The 2015 lunch legends will be announced at a later date.
D23 Day at the Walt Disney Studios and Archives gives members tours of the historic studio lot and Walt Disney Archives in Burbank, highlighting historic moments from Disney film, television and theme parks. Tours will take place this spring (date TBD), June 20 and Nov. 7.
Member VIP studio tours will be offered this year to D23 Gold Members. It will include a tour of the studio during a working day on the lot, along with a special lunch with a Disney Legend and a unique VIP gift. Each limited-capacity experience will include new tour stops and unique moments sure to bring smiles to Disney fans. Events will be held on May 29 with Walt Disney Archives founder Dave Smith and Nov. 6 with a Disney Legend to be announced soon.
An annual tradition exclusively for cast members and employees of The Walt Disney Company, Light Up the Season marks the official start of the holidays on the Studio lot. This year, D23 Members will enjoy their own special Light Up the Season event, complete with carols, cocoa, and a tree lighting.
The biggest Disney event of all is the D23 Expo, which takes place Aug. 14-16 at the Anaheim Convention Center. From sneak peeks, concerts, and exhibitions to celebrities, Disney luminaries and more, there’s something for every Disney fan at the D23 Expo. Tickets are available now at D23Expo.com.
Here is the full D23 event calendar for 2015:
- Feb. 25: D23 Member Night at Newsies—On Tour, San Francisco (sold out)
- March 12: Cinderella Lights Up the Palace of Fine Arts, San Francisco
- March 13: A Taste of Disney at Silverado Vineyards, Napa, Calif.
- March 14: Breakfast on Broadway, New York City
- March 15: The Hunchback of Notre Dame VIP Experience, Millburn, N.J.
- Spring 2015: Lunch with a Legend, Burbank, Calif.
- Spring 2015: D23 Day at The Walt Disney Studios and Archives, Burbank, Calif.
- April 14: D23 Member Night at Newsies—On Tour, Los Angeles (sold out)
- April 30: D23 Member Night at Newsies—On Tour, Dallas (sold out)
- May 9: The Parent Trap, Burbank, Calif.
- May 29: VIP Studio Tour with Disney Legend Dave Smith, Burbank, Calif.
- June 10: D23 Member Night at Newsies—On Tour, Washington, D.C. (sold out)
- June 20: D23 Day at The Walt Disney Studios and Archives, Burbank, Calif.
- June 25: D23 Member Night at Newsies—On Tour, Boston
- July 15: D23 Member Night at Newsies—On Tour, Toronto
- July 18: Disneyland U.S.A., Burbank, Calif.
- Aug. 14–16: D23 Expo 2015, Anaheim, Calif.
- Fall 2015: Lunch with a Legend, Burbank, Calif.
- Sept. 26, Pinocchio, Burbank, Calif.
- Nov. 6, VIP Studio Tour, Burbank, Calif.
- Nov. 7: D23 Day at The Walt Disney Studios and Archives, Burbank, Calif.
- Dec. 4: Light Up the Season, Burbank, Calif.
Full details on D23’s lineup of 2015 special events can be found at www.D23.com/events. All events and dates are subject to change.