D23: The Official Disney Fan Club will expand member events in 2016 with more experiences on the East Coast and new twists on favorite events.
Among the planned events:
- D23 Behind-The-Scenes Experiences: In 2015, D23 Members had the opportunity to explore hidden Disney gems—such as the Animation Research Library—while hearing stories from Disney luminaries such as Walt Disney Archives founder Dave Smith and animator Andreas Deja. In 2016, D23 will bring back this popular event with incredible guests and new locations, while adding even more surprises and a special gift.
- Screenings on the Disney Studio Lot and at Walt Disney World Resort: D23 will once again offer special screenings on both coasts of Disney favorites including Alice in Wonderland, Finding Nemo and Bedknobs and Broomsticks. Plus, to celebrate the 75th anniversary of The Reluctant Dragon, D23 will hold a special screening event on the studio lot including special guests, picture spots, and more surprises.
- D23’s lunch with a Disney Legend: D23 will be bringing back the popular event series on the Walt Disney Studios lot, as well as adding events on the East Coast. The first event will be at Walt Disney World Resort with Disney Legend Charlie Ridgway, who helped open Walt Disney World, Epcot Center and Disneyland Paris.
- D23 day at the Walt Disney Studios and Archives: D23 Gold Member-exclusive tours of the historic studio lot and Walt Disney Archives in Burbank, highlighting historic moments from Disney film, television, and theme parks. In 2016, the studio will be enhancing the experience with a very special new location to be announced soon.
- Advance screenings: D23 will screen a selection of upcoming releases. And for those guests who may not live in the cities where movies are screened, D23 Gold Members across the country will be selected at random to receive complimentary movie passes, which will be included in issues of Disney twenty-three, D23’s quarterly publication.
- D23 member nights at Newsies — on tour: Guests in Salt Lake City, Portland, Ore., and other cities are invited to see the show with premium seats on special nights and a talk-back with the cast following the show.
- Member mixers around the country: Disney Store will once again invite D23 members for exclusive mornings of shopping, discounts, games and goodies.
- Mickey’s of Glendale: The Walt Disney Imagineering employee store will once again offer shopping opportunities to D23 Gold Members at Walt Disney World Resort and in Southern California.
- D23 Disney Fanniversary Celebration — Beauty And The Beast: D23 will bring fans around the world unprecedented behind-the-scenes access to the spectacular, Academy Award-winning animated feature Beauty and the Beast, which celebrates its 25th anniversary next year.
Dates, ticketing information, and more D23 events will be announced throughout the year. Full details on D23’s lineup of 2016 special events can be found on the Fan Club’s website at www.D23.com/events. All events and dates are subject to change.